twenty eight

Harry woke up with a big, excited grin. He tiptoed into Zayn's bedroom and shook his shoulder gently. Zayn groaned as he opened his eyes to see Harry's bright, green eyes.

"Get up!" Harry yelled in a whisper.

Today was a special day, the day Harry has been waiting for since Louis told him the date.

It was Louis' birthday.

Zayn got up and threw on a t-shirt, walking with Harry to the kitchen. He bought a cake last night and hid it behind some sauces in the fridge so Louis wouldn't see.

Harry clapped his hands in excitement and snatched the icing from Zayn's hand, he wrote Happy Birthday on the cake.

He whined when Zayn drew a penis on the side, pushing at his boyfriends best friend who he's also grown close to.

Harry tried making it look like a flower but there was no use, "Penis flower." Zayn giggled.

Harry couldn't help but to giggle too.

Neither of the two were good at cooking so they decided to cut up some fruit instead and Harry made Louis a tea, just how he likes. Zayn grabbed the cake and the tray of fruit. Harry was too jumpy and Zayn didn't want a stained carpet.

"Ready?" Zayn whispered, Harry nodded before opening the bedroom door to see Louis sleeping peacefully under the covers.

Harry hopped onto the bed, sitting on his knees next to the sleeping man. He leaned down close to his ear, "Lou."

He watched Zayn set the fruit onto the bedside table and hold the cake up. Louis hummed and unconsciously wrapped his arm around Harry's waist, assuming he was waking him up for a cuddle.

"Wake up, birthday boy." Harry giggled softly, watching Louis open his eyes.

"On three." Zayn said, counting down and the two started singing loudly and obnoxiously.

Louis groaned with a big smile plastered onto his face, "You two suck!"

When finished, Louis playfully pulled Harry down on top of him causing the younger one to yelp loudly.

"Blow out your candles." Zayn pushed the blue cake into Louis' face, Louis sat up and blew them out.

"How does it feel to be an old granddad." Harry giggled after receiving a glare from his boyfriend.

"Feels great."

"Gonna start getting wrinkles soon." Zayn pinched Louis' cheek.

"And your bum is gonna get saggy." Harry added.

"I just woke up and I'm already getting bullied... on my birthday!"

Harry laughed and kissed Louis' cheek softly, "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, love." Louis smiled.

"Happy birthday, Tommo." Zayn leaned in like he was also going to kiss Louis' cheek but Harry pushed his face away.

"Don't even think about it."

The two laughed and Harry pointed to the tray of fruits, "We don't know how to cook but we cut up some fruit for you."

Louis grinned and thanked them sweetly.

Zayn ended up leaving the room and taking the cake with him so they could all enjoy it later and he got some more sleep in.

Harry sighed as he ate a strawberry and moved to straddle Louis' lap. "It's your birthday, Lou."

Louis looked up at Harry, letting him lean down and attach their lips, not that Louis has had a chance to brush his teeth yet.