16

Exactly ten minutes later his car pulled up to the corner of my street. I had ever so slowly made my way down there. As I got up from the curb, his engine stopped. He got out of the car and straightened out his plaid flannel. His dark skinny jeans hung from his legs, to finish off with black vans on his feet.

"Hiiii!" he cheekily smiled at me. His left hand reached for the passenger car door and slowly opened it. "For you..." he smiled and motioned towards the car. I smiled and slowly climbed in. His car smelt new and lemony. He quickly ran around the front of the car and sat himself inside.

"You ready to go?" he asked. I nodded and he turned the keys in the ignition. The engine revved and slipped down to a quieter level. He placed his foot down on the pedal and we slowly drifted down the empty, quiet road. I didn't know what to talk about.

Tristan looked out his window as we got to a red light. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat before speaking, "Hey, really don't worry about the cameras. I know it can be intimidating but you just have to remember they're.... Absolutely full of crap."

I laughed loudly and then covered my mouth. "That could have been deep, but you just ruined it!" I giggled again.

"I'm sorry but they are! Absolute crap!" he laughed again. The light turned green and he started the car slowly, heading straight ahead. 

"How can you take your car to places like this? I mean don't you get mobbed or something?" I quietly said.

"Not really. I'm glad people respect my privacy, it's the paparazzi. They're just rude," he sighed. The car began to slow down and he stopped the engine when he was safely parked in a tight spot. I looked around and noticed there were no shops in sights. Just a few brick buildings surrounding us.

"Where are we?" I asked slowly.

"Uhhh yeah sorry. We have to park at the back. Or else the paparazzi will follow us back to the car."

"Oh no, that's fine. I understand," I faintly smiled at him.

"Excuse me," he said. I didn't understand what he was talking about until I saw him notion to the glove box near my kneecaps. I quickly moved my legs once I understood what he was talking about. He reached in and pulled his phone out before closing it. I liked how he did that, it made me feel like all his attention was on me. And nothing could distract him, not even social media. Once he closed the glove box, his phone was put straight into his pocket – without even checking it. I reached for the opening of the door but he said something and it startled me.

"No, wait!" he quickly said as he launched himself out of the car. I was confused as to what his intentions were. He ran around the front of the car quickly and then slowed to a walk when he reached my side of the car. In the corner of my eye I saw him take a deep breath before opening the door for me. Even though this gesture was something small, it made me smile. He helped me out of the car, even though I was fully capable of getting myself out. He shut the door behind me, and clicked the lock button on his keys. I stood behind him awkwardly, unsure of whether I should have started walking or not. I had no idea where to go anyways. As soon as he had the car locked and checked, he turned towards me.

"So please just don't be afraid of the cameras. If they see us, I'll get you out of there... okay?" he softly said. I smiled and nodded slowly, but I was really wondering if this is what I wanted. Once I get out there, there is no going back.

I felt his warm hand briefly brush past the small of my back as he moved to the other side of me. I was glad I didn't dress up to much because we walked down a steep, empty gravel carpark for a few minutes. This would have been impossible in heels. We made brief small talk on the way down but not much. We weren't physically touching each other in anyway, which was okay with me.