42

Woooo! an update :)
Here's a photo of Mae and Meredith!

enjoy

x

sleepingtightdreams

There was nine of us here now.

Meredith, Stacey, Levi, Kai, Harper, Auburn, Dylan, Darren and myself all sat on the couch. Just over six weeks ago we all sat here as friends, back when I cared about nothing and no one but here I was – under a week left of the holidays, worried about my own mental state.

Kai started the conversation again.

"Mae, you realise we're all stuck here?" he said, as he pulled the home phone off it's docket.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Calling 911."

I looked the opposite direction as I let him talk on the phone.

"Why did you all come over?" I asked.

"You could be here for a while; we came to entertain!" Dylan smiled as he put his arm around his now girlfriend Harper.

"There's like three bedrooms here, and some of you are going to have to sleep downstairs, and some in my room, others in my dad's, and some in the study. Is that okay with you guys?" I asked.

Everyone nodded as Auburn looked through the DVR for a movie to watch. We all settled down on the couches, but I couldn't help think about what was going on outside the house. Hundreds of people were out there, probably replaying what I said to millions of people. All who had their eyes now cast to Olivia and Tristan.

The house was the usual dark, since the press were practically camping on my lawn. It was nearly eleven p.m. by the time we had finished the movie marathons we'd had.

Levi and Auburn had left earlier to go sleep upstairs, while Meredith was already asleep on Darren on the couch. None of us knew what was going on with the two of them.

I couldn't help but feel alone. Kai was the only other single person here, but I couldn't go there. I wasn't even sure if I was single myself.

The night drew around to 1 a.m. and the police still hadn't shown up after Kai had called them to the property twice. He was sitting at the dinner table, waiting for it to die down outside. I was on the floor in front of the television, silently clicking through the channels while everyone else was asleep in rooms all over the place.

"Mae," Kai whispered from the table, and I sat up on the floor. He signaled his head towards the door, where I walked to. Outside was silent for the first time all night.

"Have they left?" I asked, excited as we both ran to the garage. We closed the door so that nobody else would hear the sound it made.

"Look!" he said excitedly too. The lawn was empty and the vans were all gone. Everyone had left almost instantly.

"Kai they left!!" I said and wrapped my arms around his waist as I pulled him into a hug. Maybe due to Kai's work, the police did in fact show up in the end.

I rested my ear on Kai's chest, where I could hear his warm heart rapidly beating. He let out a deep sigh as he ran his hands through my loose hair resting on my back.

Suddenly, before I could even think about it, I lifted myself up on my tippy toes and left a soft kiss on his lips. I didn't know how he would react until he pulled me back for another, longer kiss. He hands traced around my body as he lifted me onto the boot of Tristan's expensive car, as he kissed down my neck and trailed his lips down to my collarbones.