12

Ten or so minutes later, there was knock on the door. I was just pulling the meals out of the oven when Meredith came down the stairs and walked over to the door. She opened it and a few people walked in and kissed her on the cheek.

A tall brunette boy gave her a long kiss on the lips as he held her around the waist. She laced her hands around his neck and played with his shaggy hair. A tall girl with strawberry blonde hair made her way over to me, her heels making the loudest sound I had ever heard shoes make.

"Hey nice to meet you. My name is Auburn," she squeaked. You wouldn't expect someone as tall as her to have a high pitched voice. She took small steps with the huge heels she had on and wrapped her arms around me embracing me in a hug.

Once she pulled away I turned to Meredith who was leading everyone over to the lounge area. A few sat in a relaxing position on the floor, while others sat on the couch. Meredith pulled a dining table chair for herself to sit on.

"Let me introduce you to everyone!" Meredith gestured to the groups. Her bangles and bracelets dangled every time she moved her hands. I walked over to the couch and sat beside a tanned boy. Half of me was on the couch, the other half was falling off.

"So Mae! This is Levi," she grinned as she pointed to an African-American boy on the end. His hair was shaven exposing his scalp. He was in a tank top and shorts with dark green vans. The veins in his arms became noticeable when he flexed his arm to run his hand over his head.

"This is Kai," Meredith laughed when she pointed to the boy next to Levi. Kai was lean and skinny but was good looking. I could clearly tell he was Hawaiian. I instantly noticed the wristbands around his arms with pictures of surfboards and palm trees.

"Next to Kai is Harper." I turned my head to Harper who was honestly one of the prettiest girls I had ever seen. She had long blonde hair that made its way down to her bottom. She smiled at me to uncover straight white teeth. Harper sat in a red flowing dress that brought out her stunning blue eyes.

"On the floor here is Auburn, but you have already met her," Meredith said, her voice sounding strained.

"Next to Harper is Dylan." I turned beside me and saw Dylan. He was perfect. Tanned skin, blue eyes, blonde hair. He wore a green Los Angeles t-shirt and white board shorts.

"And here in front of me," she said looking down to the floor in front of her, "Is Darren." Darren smiled back at her and ran his hand over his shaggy hair. On his right arm there were many tattoos, same with his left. I couldn't quite make out what they were, but I knew there were a lot of them. He seemed like the bad boy that every girl wanted to be with and what it looked like, Meredith was.

"So that is everyone. Oh and by the way, Levi and Auburn are dating," Meredith laughed as she looked over to Auburn who was sitting on the floor in front of Levi. It puzzled me, Auburn seemed so different to Levi. He was shy and quiet, while she was quirky and loud. Before I could think more of it I noticed I had left the two microwaveable meals on the bench. I stood up and walked over to them, pulling the firm sheet of plastic off.

"Oh um Mae, do you think there is enough for everyone?" asked Meredith who was looking at me with hopeful eyes. The others all turned and Harper smiled at me.

"I guess, it will be really small servings though..." I stated almost whispering. Mae got up from the couch and walked over to me in the kitchen. The rest of the group quickly got back to the laughter between themselves.

"Do you have anything else anywhere?" she asked as she opened up my cupboards, not even bothering to ask. I walked into the small pantry and looked around. Jeremy really didn't go shopping often.