34

A/N Okay so this sounds like its the end but its totally not, there's still so much more of the story to come don't worry about that :) (do you guys like the length of this or is it too long?)

YAAAYYYYYYYYYY! I love how fast you all read and vote for new chapters, I'm so excited for you all to see this chapter and the rest of the story, from here on it only gets better (good luck).

I also said that I would add a photo every chapter, so here is a photo as what you should imagine Mae looking like in her dress at the interview.

ENJOY !

X sleepingtightdreams

It felt like I had been sitting in the same chair for hours, maybe because I had been. It was currently eight p.m. and the show was going to air in one hour. I thought everything through in my head. Everything from Tristan's text that I didn't respond to – to what I was going to say tonight.

In the last 24 hours I had backtracked. Tristan had never talked to me about anything that had happened, and I was beginning to feel like I was doing the wrong thing. If he isn't who he says he was, why did he spend so long getting to know me?

"Mae, hello!" Alex shouted, walking around the corner with heels that made the 6'3 model taller than she already was. She waved her tanned arm in the air and rested her hand on my shoulder as her eyes ran over the curls in my hair.

"You look beautiful," she smiled. She pulled a chair from the vanity table next to me and sat facing me, watching the hairdresser style my hair. I was almost ready.

"Thanks..." I looked at the hair stylist in the mirror and said quietly, "Um, could you give us a moment?"

She nodded and sprayed my hair with hairspray before walking off.

"What's up?" Alex asked.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say."

"Listen, you just have to come from the heart, think of everything he did to you and think of how he has hurt you. You're not going to stand for it anymore. Just come from the heart and the whole World will know."

But he hadn't hurt me. Not yet.

As I was going to reply, a bulk yet solid man walked into the empty room we were in that was only illuminated by the lights on the vanity mirror. He interrupted us as I was opening my mouth to speak.

"Mae Parker, there's someone here to see you," he called firmly, his dark uniform blending into the dark environment of the room. Alex and I both got up, but I followed the man to find whoever was here for me. Alex followed some set designers around, making sure that everything was perfect.

The security guard led me down a concrete hallway and to a green door that I knew led outside. He pulled a clip folder out from the bench to the side of the door and skimmed over the list.

"There's a girl that came here for you, her name is Shannon Elise. Does that name sound familiar to you?" I thought about everyone I had met throughout Hollywood, but none of them came by the name of Shannon. Maybe she was a friend of Meredith's or something, and was coming to see me.

"Is she here? Can I see her?"

"We usually don't for your safety, but I don't see any problems with this girl." He loudly placed the clip board back on the bench and signaled to follow him.

He reached for the door and I followed him up the cool concrete stairwell, where we found ourselves at a glass door. I looked through the door to see a girl with dark long hair, wearing a McDonald's cap.