Chapter 3

It was finally 6:00 and Nadia was just finishing up her clients braids. It's always nice talking to the different women hearing their opinions, their favorite topic was men though. The hair salon was basically a women's group. You get a lot of support from the girls. They all had something to say, disagree or agree on. Like my sisters or something. Sisters I see once a week or every other week.

"Oh God thank you!" Nadia's client squealed, looking at her hair in the mirror. She thanked her and handed her the money.

"Hey keep your hair moisturized, we don't need any dry braids up in here" Nadia giggled, counting her money.

She took off her apron, going to the back and returning with her purse and a broom. And she started sweeping. I remember all the time Nadia tried to braid my hair, but I wouldn't let her. I didn't want anything messing with my curls.

"Hungry?" She walked over and I stood up.

"Where to?"

***

"Double bacon cheeseburger. Extra bacon. No onions, no pickles, their fake and no mustard. Be careful on the mayo and ketchup sheesh" I just stared and laughed as Nadia ordered her food. If I worked here, I would throw her food at her.

"And to drink?" He looked between the both of us.

"Strawberry lemonade for me and regular for her" I told him, interrupting Nadia before she could let a word escape her lips. He nodded and walked away and I glared at Nadia as she shrugged.

"If they spit in your food don't say shit to me" That's the number one rule in a restaurant. Don't piss the waitress or cook off until after they give you your food.

"So about the blind date?"

"No" I shut her down. Why are people so interested in my love life?!

"Faith. Casual hookups every 2 or 3 months won't satisfy you and it's time you stop focusing on Dante and more on yourself" All I hear is blah blah blah blah blah. I didn't care for what she was saying. In fact I was fine. Sort of.

"How about moving out? It would be easier to move on" She suggested and I shook my head no. I like seeing a 24/7 shirtless Dante walk around. I can fantasize about him better. Plus it's a great view.

"Okay, how about getting a job? So you can keep your mind off him?" Yet again I shook my head no. I didn't need a job. I had enough money that set me up for life.

My mother was a very rich woman and she died of cancer. I never met her because she abandoned us for another man, but when we turned 20 years old she started reaching out to my father trying to see us again before she died. We didn't go. I didn't want to. I had no reason to, but Hope wanted to. I had no emotional attachment to the woman, she was just a surrogate for all I care. So when she died, we got a call saying they wanted us to come to her will reading. I still didn't want to go, but Hope and my Dad told me to stop being so stubborn so we went.

Turns out she left me and Hope $23.8 million and an extra $4million that was four our future children's trust fund. We couldn't touch it until after our 25th birthday if we didn't have kids. But if we did have kids before our 25th birthday, the money goes to our children only. She left my dad some money, but it wasn't nearly as much as she gave us. She owned over 12 properties. 6 restaurants and 6 companies and we owned them all. We had dispersed them through our trusted family members based on where they lived because we couldn't be at all of them all at once. I didn't run any of them though. Hope and Dante did, they had a business degree, I didn't.

She left our step brother, who we never met, to run a company, but surprisingly she didn't let him own it. I was going to sell him a company anyway because we couldn't run it all. It made no sense.