Chapter 32

3 days later...

"Woah!" I missed a step, tripping as Xavier caught me. Good reflexes. "So clumsy" He pulled me up the rest of the stairs.

Ring! Ringggg!

Xavier grabbed my phone, eyes going dark when he looked at it. "Who is it?"

"Dante" He answered it and Dante's voice boomed through the phone.

"Hey Faith! I was bored and decided to start on the nursery so I was wondering if you would come and we can do it together?"

I mean, I wasn't doing anything... I looked up at Xavier, seeing his un-wanting face. He gets on my nerves.

"Yeah. I'll be there" Xavier hung up the phone, opening his mouth to complain. "Not a word" I snatched my phone, heading for the door.

***

Walking up the two flights of stairs, which I hate, I opened the door, seeing Dante on the floor with the crib pieces laid out and the manual. "It's that hard huh?" I laughed when his head snapped my way. He huffed, giving me a hug until Xavier cleared his throat and he let me go. Dante's jaw was clenched as he stared up at Xavier. These two here. " He's not leaving, so get over it." I know it's not my house, but my child will live here so I have a say so, I don't care.

"Whatever. What do you want to do first?" He grinned down at me as my eyes lit.

"Paint! Listen there's some things in the trunk so if you would be a great father and help Xavier get them, that would be helpful"

It was a struggle trying to get Xavier to buy everything because he kept saying I don't need so much so soon, but I won anyway.

"I got it," Xavier said with defense. "I got it" Dante then said with just as much defense.

I smacked my head, looking between the both of them annoyed. "Look here Assholes, if you're going to be apart of Haven's life, then you better get your shit together"

" You named her Haven?" Dante asked, smiling. " Yes. Cute right?"

"Yeah. I love it. Well before you paint, let's get you into the coveralls" He grabbed the outfit and Xavier took it from him. " Stop trying it Dante." I snatched it from him.

" Downstairs! I got it damn" He gave me a glare, but I pushed him away, shooing him out.

I threw on the coveralls myself, spreading out the white plastic sheet on the floor. Looking at the different colors of pinks he bought, I decided to choose the dark shading of pink. Now...how will I get it open?

"Babe! Or Dante! Somebody come open these cans of paint!" I'm not about to damage my beautiful nails trying it. I should've never got them done in the first place.

Xavier ran upstairs first, dropping the bags.

"I thought we bought something to open it?" I asked and he nodded, looking through the bags. "I want the dark pink cans open. And pour them into the tray. Thank you"

While he was doing that, I grabbed the stool, tapping the plastic sheets onto the window so it wouldn't drip. I used painting tape to cover the outlets as well. It's much you have to think about. Bumping Xavier on purpose, I pulled the tape at the bottom edge of the wall. "Dante put this tape at the top edges." I can't reach up there so...

Painting is like fun but hard work. I took the roller, standing on the ladder. Xavier was glaring at me.

"I won't fall. Shut up" I went into my own little head, painting up and down. It's very satisfying, but my arms were hurting like hell. I kept going though. I wanted to do this so I will. I looked back and Xavier was just waiting on me to fall. Gosh! I kicked him and he started laughing getting the hint and walked away. We should've got the longer roller honestly. That way I wouldn't have to stand on the stool. Tired and aching, I stepped down, putting the roller back. I only did one side of the wall. The other half was just blank. Oh well. I sat down against the bare wall instead, pulling out posters we bought.