Chapter 19

2 days later... Friday

"Hey where are you?" Nadia asked through the phone as I packed my newly bought clothes into my duffle bag.

"I'm coming down now" I zipped it up, turned off my lights and locked my door, running downstairs. I saw Nadia standing in the parking lot, next to the car. "Bitch! You look good!" I shrieked, pulling her into a hug. I looked in the car and pushed her away. "Is that Darnell?!" He got out of the car and I dropped my bag, running into his arms.

Darnell was Nadia's first ever boyfriend. Also the guy she cheated on with Nathaniel. They broke up when he found out the baby wasn't his, but he never shamed her for it like many. That's why I liked him, he was nice to her and forgiving. Just like Xavier though we all broke off contact when we went to college "Damn Faith... You look scrumptious" He swayed side to side, hugging me tightly. His hand slid to my ass, giving it a light smack in a playful way and I popped his hand, pulling away.

"This ass is only reserved for good men. Have you been good to Nadia?" I raised my eyebrow and he grinned. "Of course. I'm always good to her. She'll tell you"

I looked him up and down, narrowing my eyes like I was studying him. "Alright. One slap! An extra is $100" We both started laughing until Nadia told us to get in the damn car. It's always funny meeting up with old friends and the first thing that catches their eye is my ass. I know I was small before but damn!

...

" Is that Darnell?" Hope squealed, running into his arms just as I did. "You too? Damn yall have other cousins or long lost sisters?" He joked and Nadia smacked him upside his head. That earned a laugh from Dante as well. They greeted each other with a bro hug. They actually liked each other unlike him and Xavier.

Dante kissed Nadia on the cheek, gave her a hug and did the same to me but his kiss was more on my jaw, closer to my lips. Trying to be sneaky and shit.

"So Darnell spill!" We all sat down listening to Darnell. He went to college to play football. He plays now, but he's not so high up yet, he wants to take it slow because he was young. And he lived in Macon just like Xavier. They probably bumped a few times. At least we all were within range with each other.

A woman called out the flight and everyone got up with their passports, walking over. Luckily we were there early. "Faith" I turned around, hearing my name. Then I searched through, turning around and did a double back, noticing Xavier. I dropped my duffle bag, running up, jumping on him, slamming my lips on his. He came?! Hell I thought he was too mad at me to even come. I guess 4 days away from me did him good, or he just missed me.

"I thought you weren't coming because you were mad" He set me down, brushing my hair back. "I'm sort of still is, but Hope is still my friend as well. If she wants me to come celebrate her anniversary than I will"

I gave him that 'you lying' face. We started walking and I picked up my bag and handed the woman my pass. "So it had nothing to do with me?" I grinned looking up at him.

" Maybe just a little" He pushed me, taking my bag and I sat down, noticing Dante was glaring at me. Oh boo hoo. Xavier put our bags up and sat down next to me. "Hey this weekend is friends only Faith. When we get back, we can talk and sort out whatever we need to" I rolled my eyes, nodding.

He laid back, pulling out a book. I read the cover, noticing it was one of my favorite books.

Alpha's Destiny

"Want me to read it to you? " He asked me, noticing how my eyes lit up with happiness. I smiled, nodding my head and proceeded to lay my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. It was going to be a long flight.