Chapter 7

Next Day

Shifting around, I moved my arm, when I felt not a damn thing. I jerked awake real quick, sleepy and everything. I jumped out of bed, running down the stairs calling Hope's and Dante's name.

I made it downstairs when I breathed in relief when I saw Dante holding him, cooking breakfast. I looked around and the kids were sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Morning." Dante said and I glared at him. I was about to have a heart attack.

"Sorry. I woke up and heard Nathan so I just grabbed him and told the rest to go downstairs so they wouldn't wake you up" I guess I can forgive him.

" Thank you" I held out my arms and Nathan turned around and reached out so Dante handed him over to me. Yeah. Dante will be an amazing father. He got them to keep quiet, he's cooking and was holding Nathan at the same time.

"Where's Hope?" I asked.

"Work" He responded and I nodded my head. He said he had the day off so he wanted to help around with the kids. I nodded and sat Nathan down, letting him watch Tv with them. I opened the cabinet to grab the plates, when Dante shut it.

"I got it" I pushed him out the way and grabbed them anyway.

"I got it" I stuck my tongue out, setting them down and he popped me with the spatula. I started screaming, jumping and blowing my hand. He immediately dropped the spatula and started apologizing, when I stopped and started laughing.

He huffed and pushed me out of the kitchen saying I played too much. I pushed him back.

"Don't be a sissy" He raised the spatula up and I moved away. We set the plates down and called them over. Nathan was walking over on his own and Dante picked him up, sitting him on his lap since we didn't have any tall chairs for him or anything.

We started eating, but I couldn't keep my eyes off Dante and Nathan. I just couldn't help but wonder why Hope? Dante was everything. Sexy, funny, considerate, caring and great with kids. Perfect definition of a good man. My head snapped when the house phone began ringing and he went to stand up when I got there first.

"Hello this is Dr. More. Is this Hope Johnson?"

"No, this is her sister Faith Hart. Is there something wrong?"

"No. I couldn't reach her by her cell and she gave me this to call. Is she there by any chance?"

" Sorry no. She's at work right now. But um... whatever you need to tell her, I can. I am her sister"

" I'm not sure if I should... it's not exactly good news Ms. Hart"

My heart dropped so quickly and I began to feel hot with worry. I looked back at Dante who was laughing with the kids and I walked out back, closing the door.

" Just lay it on me. What's wrong?"

" Well I hate to be the one to offer such bad news, but we found mounds of tissues at the end of Hope's Fallopian Tubes near her ovaries. It's causing blockage which is why she isn't getting pregnant. Blockage in the tubes doesn't allow sperm to get to her eggs"

" Okay what is it? Or what was the cause of it?" Now I'm worried.

" Endometriosis. The trapped tissues can cause adhesions or scar tissues. From the looks of it , I assume she didn't realize she had it because she's at the 3rd stage of Moderate Endometriosis"

I took a deep breath, taking in all this information. Endometriosis?

" Okay so what can she do to get rid of it?"