Ada & The Earl

***BOOK 1 OF THE WOODHOUSE SERIES***

Adelaide 'Ada' Woodhouse is on a mission.

After being kicked out of the girl's school in Scotland she was sent to, she prepares to return to her childhood home and her late father's estate in Cornwall to rebuild a new life away from the rules and regulations of Victorian Society and nothing and no one will stop her.

Free-spirited, fiercely independent and unorthodox, Ada soon finds her journey home is not a simple one. A train ride results in her meeting the dashing yet useless Louis Hatton, Earl of Nottingham who is returning home after finishing his studies at the University of St. Andrews.

Their journey, however, takes a detour when a hitman is after the Earl and Ada regrettably decides to help him get to safety in Nottingham.

But it seems Louis is not the only one being searched for - Ada is a person of interest as her sudden departure from Scotland has caught the attention of the authorities, including her brothers - Emerson Woodhouse, The Viscount Porthleven and the famous detective Dr Theodore Woodhouse.

As her feelings for the useless Earl grow, she becomes more determined to get him to safety, but with the hitman right on their tails and unable to go to the authorities for help due to the investigation against her, Ada finds herself caught up in her lies that risks the lives of all she holds dear, including Louis when the person responsible for the hits on his life might be closer than they ever anticipated.