snow, rain, and cat boy

"Are you two in?" The cat boy asked in a cheeky grin.

"Don't even think about it." Reki told Langa sternly.
"Yeah, he's on a whole different level, even I'm not confident enough with my experience." You said tilting your head towards Langa.

Miya smiled looking at Reki, then at the two of you.
"I heard you used to be a snowboarder, and you're not actually a rookie, is that right?" Miya said, then grinned and continued.
"Very fascinating, I'd love to see how you guys managed to beat shadow." He chuckled.

Langa and you looked down at Miya, Langa most likely being tempted. You on the other hand mentally debated.

You turned to look at Langa, who looked at you with a dazed expression.
"I get that you and I beat shadow." You began.
"But please think this over carefully, do you think that I can do that again?"
"I don't know if I could again either." Langa tempted.

He turned to Miya, ready to answer.
"But I accept!" He monotonly said, stars surrounding his gaze.

You groaned, face palming, Reki immediately stepping up to nag him.

"Slow down!! Don't get cocky just cause you nailed an Ollie!" Reki pointed out behind Miya.

Miya looked up at Langa smiling, then turned to you.
"And what about you? You in big sis?" He tilted his head in a cheeky manner, arms still behind his back like an innocent child.

"Big sis?" You muttered, grabbing your arm for comfort.
Reki bombarded, "You want her in too?" He said, looking from Miya, to you, and then back.

"Why not? She was also a newcomer who raced against shadow, and beat him like he was a low level opponent." Miya replied, looking at you up and down, most likely looking at your dark choice of clothing.

You sighed, after looking at Langa, and then Reki, who was shaking his slowly.
"I'm in." Was all you could say, slouching in the process.
You wanted to say more, but what was the point?
It was to protect Langa in case he tripped up, but there was a yearning inside you that wanted to feel that adrenaline of racing again. Wait no not racing, that adrenaline of seeing the view as you rode your board into the air, what is that adrenaline called?

Reki looked at you, flabbergasted, out of all three of them, You had to be the most logical, but even then you still agreed to the beef.
"Are you guys serious?!! This guy's a Japanese national hopeful!!"
He repeatedly pointed to Miya, practically hovering over him.

Miya giggled, as he snuggled the manager's fox in his hands.
"Good then! What will the stakes be? What we should bet on?"

You continued to look at Miya with a frown. The fox he was snuggling jumped out of his hands and into your arms, you stepped back a little as it was sudden.
You then tenderly held the fox as you were then in deep thought, to Miya, it looked like clouds were in your eyes. He looked at you curiously, before leaving the shop.

The realization began to sink in as you tried to distract yourself with the soft fur of the fox, but then it jumped at a nagging Reki, who was trying to talk some sense into his two seemingly idiotic friends.
Feeling overwhelmed, you told them you felt like heading home.

"Langa, I hopeyou thought this through." You looked at him sternly.
Reki bumped in, "what about you? Didn't you also mindlessly agree to the beef?" He poked your head with his index finger.
You blinked and stepped back.
"I'm heading home to process it right now." You walked to the door, but before leaving, you turned around to clarify.
"And I'm only joining in because if Langa gets anymore hurt, my parents will nag me about watching him."
You said, then turned around to leave the shop.