Rehearsal, part 2

Cherry lead the group to a restaurant, you didn't really know why, food could only do so much. You took interest in the name, "Sia la luce".

Let there be light huh?

"Ain't this a classy joint, I could bring the boss some day." Shadow said, thinking about his manager.

You exhaled a subtle laugh. He hasn't changed at all.
You could feel Miya clutching your left arm.
"Is there anything here without tomatoes?" He said with boredom.

"Hey, do they serve any poutine?" Langa asked, feeling jealous of Miya's close proximity to you.
He knows it's Miya just looking up to you, but still.

"Grow up!" Reki berated him.
"I want pizza!"

"Mmm, I feel more like pasta."

"Have a seat wherever you'd like." Cherry simply said to the group.

"I don't remember you asking to use my restaurant!" Joe immediately said from behind the counter.

Cherry calmly turned to him and brought the focus to you and Langa, propping a hands on his hip.
"This one thinks that they'll win against Adam."

Joe gave a look at you two, then looked at Langa with a tired expression.
"You there? You watched him skate. Don't be an id-"
*Grroowwl*

You looked at Langa with calm expression, oh that's right, you technically haven't eaten since school and Langa eats a lot.
Reki frowned and was about to scold him until he heard a second growl that appeared to be his, and quickly silenced himself in embarrassment.

Then you heard Miya's stomach growl as he yanked on your coat and hid his face bashfully. Yours came after, but it was natural so you just stood there wide eyed at the comedic timing.

Shadow stepped up to the counter, slamming his hand down.
"5 ramen bowls!" He belted out.

"This is an Italian joint!"

It was pointless but it was nice that shadow actually decided to try ordering for the kids.

After having something to eat, you pulled out some seats as cherry demonstrated the love hug, using Joe as a target. Reki pulled you to sit between him and Langa, getting jealous of Miya's clingy-ness.

He did a slow ride then a 180 and slowly stopped just right in front of Joe, much to Joe's annoyance.

"It's pretty easy once you know the trick." Miya commented.

"Yeah cause he did it slowly, but Adam's speed is what makes his stunts intimidating." You said with doubt clouding your mind.

"She's right, the live race certainly changes things. For the illusion to work, your opponent has to be right in front of you at all times."

"You can't hesitate." Langa said just above a whisper.
"And you can't slow down, it all happens at that one instant."

You shared a worried glanced with Reki, and then you both turned to look at Langa with concern. It was obvious he was actually excited even more.

Reki looked down, "so wait, that's all there is to the love hug then?" He tried to think positive.

"Reki." Joe firmly said.

He looked up and so did you as a fist flew towards his face as he flinched but stopped just right.

"That's your name right? Your body reacts even though it's coming, it's not easy to deflect."

Reki slouched and leaned his head on your shoulder in disappointment.
"Then what can we do? We just confirmed Adam's a fierce skater with super human skills."