The Finish Line

All of your senses were fading in this dark tunnel of colorful rays. Your senses were fading as everything started to feel cold.

"--/n!"

You couldn't even see Adam in front you anymore.

"---y/n!"

What was that noise in this tunnel of nothingness?

"Snap out of (y/n)!"

You blinked multiple times, turning your head around to find the disembodied voice. It sounded so close.

"(Y/n)!"

So familiar. Wait no, that voice.

You blinked and turned your head to the side as you felt something latch onto your arm.
A blurry figure riding next to you in the zone.

The figure used their other hand to cup the side of your face and make you face them.

"You need to get out of here (y/n)!" The figure said to you.

You finally saw their face, Yakuro. Faded yet so visibly clear, all of their facial features were there.

Your mind quivered as you reached a hand out to try to cup their face, but Yakuro wanted you to stay focused. He shook his head as he grabbed your shoulders.

"(Y/n)! You can't stay in here!"

"How do I leave? How are you here?!" You managed to speak.

Yakuro was here, vividly in front of you, skating beside you... Wait, skating?

You looked down to see the skateboard beside you, it was his missing skateboard.
It had the same peace sign and party designs and everything.

You looked back up, no longer feeling his grip on your shoulders nor seeing his face, instead you've come back to see the cavern race track that you are skating at a scary speed through

On instinct, you try your best to slow down before you lose control, instead you start wobbling.
As Adam who still seems to be in the zone crosses a rickety bridge in front of you, you immediately try to stop, leaning down to skid to a stop, but your momentum is too strong and so is the speed, the fabric of your glove is practically grinding away. You decide to wing it and hopefully leap your board across the old delicate bridge.
As you get closer, you can see how shaky it is but gulp down all your fear and keep going. At this point, the speed of your board is too fast for you to control, it moves on its own.

You made it halfway onto the rickety bridge before it started to collapse beneath you, you tried to leap to the edge but couldn't reach in time and fell into the seemingly dark abyss.

...

There was a reason why you couldn't get to the edge in time, despite having accomplished so many physical feats before. It's because you hesitated.