Reki's practice pt. 2

You guys decided to take a break at a fast food restaurant, Miya was looking anxiously at his phone, waiting for the others as he calculated Reki's chances.

The rest of the group walked up to the table Miya reserved with their trays in hand.

"Aren't you gonna eat Miya?" You asked, not knowing what those strange packets are.
"What's that stuff?" Reki questioned the packets.

Miya answered.
"They help me balance my nutrition, it's what responsible athletes do."

You and Langa sat at the corner table as Reki sat next to the child.
"You know real food has nutrients too."

"Here!" He surprisingly shoved a burger into Miya's mouth.

"What's wrong with you?!" He quickly stood up and covered his mouth.
"Are you trying to make me fat?!"

He clawed Reki's face like a cat. Reki had to pry his hands off like they were hooks.
"Whatch the brain! We're in a restaurant! At least order from the menu!"

Shadow munched on his in front of the two. He apparently joined the argument as well since you heard the two add more to the screaming.
You were sitting by a quiet and blissful Langa so you weren't worried.
You took one of your three untouched fried chicken sandwiches and tossed it over to Miya's side, the three boys who were arguing looked at you as you broke the tension.

"If you're not gonna eat beef or pig then how about chicken? You're too young to be vegan kiddo." You said as you sat down and unwrapped one of yours.

Miya still berated.
"I told you guys I'm not eating this! 5 hamburgers and 3 chicken sandwiches!?! You guys are going to get fat!"

You ignored the complaints, who cares anyway? it still tastes good, Langa certainly didn't care as you saw a waitress bring over a large bowl of poutine that he ordered.
Yep, food was all that mattered.

.

You were still outside with Reki, on a hillside that curved as he continued his last minute training before the big race.

You followed him on your own skateboard as he continued to attempt ollies while racing down the hill. He continued to grunt from his falls as you feared you'd have to be his crutch home.
As the two of you were walking back up to do another try, his exhaustion got to him as he tripped upward and dropped his board. You couldn't catch it as you had to make sure he was ok.
Luckily though, Langa was a few feet behind you guys and caught it, a familiar scene.

"I feel like we've been through something like this before." Langa said with his soothing and calm voice.
He smiled and walked back you to you guys with the board held vertically in both hands.

Reki: "Langa." He said in surprise.

While it was a happy comparison, he couldn't help but think about how instead of by his side, you were instead at Reki's side. He doesn't just trust you and depends on you to be beside him a lot, the beating in his heart that he gets from skating is also because of your company.
There's this strange aura of how you skate, Langa always thought it was cool. You race head on and with little hesitation, even when he swung you towards the tree during Miya's race, you still managed to take control. It's like your body was built to take the unexpected.

He smiled at this thought as he Gabe Reki his board back.

"How'd you know we were here?" Reki asked.
"Just had a feeling." Langa answered.

You and Reki could only look at each other and smile at the weirdo.

.