Breaking point

Reki seems to be acting different lately, it was hard to tell at first because reading humans wasn't your forte, but you were soon able to tell that he upset.
Though it wasn't visible all the time, like today when Reki was happily skating to his two friend waiting by a pole. Everyone was wearing their school uniforms. (Of course you were wearing pants)
You were leaning against the metal fence, holding your board as Reki stopped in front of Langa to do their handshake.
"Yo! What do you wanna do today?"
"How about the big wooden slide place?"
"Sounds good!" Reki smiled.

Langa turned to shake you awake and you followed them, everyone on their boards.
Reki went down a hill out of the side of the street and rolled down into this place underneath a highway.
He did a cool turn and lolled to you and Langa.
You were in a good mood so you didn't hesitate when Langa pulled you with him to try and copy the trick.
He kept a hold of your arm as you two glided down the concrete hill, he skated up the wooden ramp first, He still pulled you with him.
The momentum was enough to push him all the way up the wall that held up the highway, He let go of you and that let you push yourself off the concrete wall by crouching down to hold you board then using one foot to kick off.
Langa glided high enough up the wall to hit the highest star spray painted while you let yourself flip backwards, your feet leaving the board and only your hand held it, then immediately turning your body mid air to plant your feet back on the board before landing on the ground. Langa landed beside you and continued pulling you with him to skate.
Reki was amazed by this, and so were some elementary school kids that were watching.

"So cool." One of them said.
"What was that flip?"
"You can jump that high on a skateboard?"

-

Everything seemed great, even though Langa's mother knew that he was sneaking out at night, she didn't mind seeing him with good friends that would wait for him outside his house

Back at "S" however, you started to notice something after Langa showed off how high he could jump off the ramp. He insisted that you joined him, so you also skated high up and off the ramp, much higher than him, almost like you were skating upside down on the sky before your body tilted and fell to glide onto the other side ramp opposite to where you started. Full circle.
You made it look so easy and smooth to be able to switch between riding on ground and then on air.

"Awesome!" The crowd would cheer.
"Leave it to the cold duo!"
"How'd she get so much air?!"

Reki watched from the back, leaking against a mountain side with a smug grin on his face.

"Isn't that awesome?" He said to Miya and shadow Who were also in the back, watching with him.

"Why are you so proud of it, Reki?" Miya glanced at him.

"Let me tell you. People aren't taking notice of you." Shadow said bluntly.
"It's your buddies."

Reki stopped smiling at this.