Just smile and it'll be alright

:‚(

Enjoy!

[ Word count : 1828 ]

-----

Every kid that hit the age of 16 they could meet their opposite but only 6.9% ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) chance of them meeting them though. The age of 18 where one can travel to the opposite world for about 4 hours in one day.

Dream on the other hand is one of the lucky person to have a opposite, he met a shy and timid boy in his age wearing a big red hoodie like his and a black mask with a red frown (☹️) design.

The colors of the kids hoodie and mask are completely opposite from his, that's where he knows this is his opposite.

He let out a bright smile and offering a handshake.

"My name's Dream, you?"

The other kid seems a bit to hesitate before going to handshake and whisper quietly but loud enough for Dream to hear it.

"N-nightmare"

Dream looks like about to pass out from the innocence that laced into Nightmare's voice. He can't believe that someone like this bean can be his opposite but he's a menace so it should be fair.

They talk and play until their time runs out, it sadden the two boys as they bid their goodbye's to each other before disappearing into nothingness to their originated world.

He noticed that Nightmare hadn't smile even just a twitch, always slouching and trying to be small. He dismissed all of this things and try to make him smile but to no avail.

This would go for about a year and a half now and Dream love his opposite as a little brother/twin, the two bonded after a year and only a year more before they could see each other's world like.

At the second year and the two boys are now 18, Dream first show what his world is like and it's Nightmare's turn...
that's when he knows it's not going to be pretty as his, the world seems like always in war, no peace or whatsoever, even at the smallest mistake they fight for it. He saw the opposite of his Team, the Sleepy bois, and the others, it was pure chaos.

Dream wrapped an arm to his little brother/twin and pull him into an hug, he promise to himself that he will fix it so his twin will be happy and always smiling.

His light hadn't been smiling for so long made his quest to accomplish. He's willing to take all the consequences as long as Nightmare is safe and happy....

-----

That's where all the war broke out, Dream became the tyrant on his own land. Denying the independence of the new country that rose out of nowhere, fighting anyone who opposed him, gaining allies and enemies. The once peaceful land turned into a battlefield and he just smile at this while the other fought for what they think is right underneath his mercy.

He keep this facade for two long years and ceased to stop when he was captured by his former friends and family. All of them argue whether to go and execute him or just lock him up. Arguments rose up as they fight for Dream's fate while he just let out a laugh.

At the crack of dawn they all decide to execute Dream. They all fetched him up from the waiting cell with a stoic faces, telling him what they all decide but his smile didn't waver even when he's inform that he would be dead, they all think that he is crazy, a monster or a demon in a human flesh, but he knew he isn't.