"You Promised"

A/N: I'm back from being a ghost 👻

Enjoy!

[ Word count : 1082 ]

-----

Two little children sat down under the tree, glowing with Innocence and childishness as they play together until the time pass by.

They were known as the “Masked Brothers” because of course their masks that they've never been separate from. Everywhere they go, the mask are attached to their faces, covering their eyes and only their nose and mouth shown. It was their identity, the one whose seen their faces without the masks are so confused that they don't know which one is which so the mask serve its purpose not only for protection also for identification.

There's also their color scheme clothing. It also serves its purpose of identity for them. As the other always wear the color green and the other is red.

The two of them are attached to the hips, neither can be seen without the other. When you see one of them and the other one is not there, don't be confuse, because they're just checking something and be back at the side of the other.

Dream- the one with the mask of smiles. No one knows this but he is the oldest of the two. Very protective of his brother and very playful. Despite the playfulness he have this natural talent of being mischievous, cunning and manipulator. Though he never used this to something that can harm or bad, he only do this to trick his brother.

Nightmare- the one with the mask of frown. The youngest of the two. Also protective and playful but not that much. He has this shy nature, a little cunning and very mischievous. He is always tricked by Dream, tho sometimes he got him back.

As they sat in silence, Nightmare broke this with his soft voice.

"Hey Dream?"

"Yes Night?"

Nightmare turn his head to look at his brother, mask discarded from their faces and now laying besides them. Red ruby eyes lock onto the green emerald eyes.

"Promise to never leave me"

As this words spill from his mouth, Dream obviously frown at this.

"Why would think of that? You really think I would left you on your own?"

Dream ask his brother with eyes narrowing in disbelief. Nightmare shook his head to say no.

"Of course not. Just please promise me?"

Nightmare pleaded to Dream, he really don't know why he ask this himself but it feels right here. Dream just sigh and gave a genuine smile just for his brother.

"I will"

Nightmare raised his hand and fold his fingers except for his pinky.

"Pinky promise?"

Dream copying the movement.

"Pinky promise"

Dream connect his pinky to Nightmare's.

----

He groans weakly, instinctively turning to his side except there's a hand stopping him from moving. That's when he feel the agonizing pain on his abdomen.

'What happened?'

"Hey hey hey! Don't you dare sleep on me--!"

'Huh?'