Chapter 28

(TRIGGER WARNING. Although it isn't blatantly stated, this chapter highlights a very nauseating subject that may be very triggering to some,  so please please please continue with caution. And if you're very easily triggered I'd advise you to just not read this chapter. I in no way am promoting this kind of behavior,  it is absolutely disgusting.)

Abel's POV

The weeks have gone by pretty quickly, and with summer approaching the days have gotten much hotter.

Elizabeth and I had gotten even closer within these past few weeks and I would say our relationship,  or whatever it is that we had, was progressing greatly. And so was our plan.

We were about fifty percent completed. We had all the map work planned out as well as the financial aspect of it. Sophie was...somewhat on board, but she was hesitant, which was to be expected. But after giving me lectures upon lectures of the dangers that we could face, she finally agreed to help us out in any way she could.

It was all hard work because planning an escape was no easy task especially one which entails a princess. We still had no idea how we would actually travel across the country. We couldn't walk by foot, I might be able to but Elizabeth would never last a day, her body wasn't physically used to that and I wouldn't want her to overexert her muscles. We also had to take into consideration the fact that Elizabeth was indeed a princess, who was known in almost every village, so we were still a bit challenged when it came to her disguise.

My eyes snapped to the right and I was pulled out of my thoughts by the approaching footsteps. As I stared down the corridor a figure came into view. Then Andreas's hideous face came into view. I quickly turned my attention back to the brick wall.

He came to a stop at Elizabeth's door and stood. I anticipated that he would knock but after standing there for two full minutes, my anxiety began to spike. Then he spoke.

"You're quite brawny for a woman aren't you?" 

My eyes shifted in his direction and I stared at the puzzled look on his face, as I myself was also puzzled as to why he was standing here talking to me.

"I suppose." Was all I said and faced forward again. I heard him hum before he began to speak once more.

"Do you have a husband? Although that seems like a foolish question,  I don't think any type of man would be..." he paused and gave me a once over. "Interested in a woman with such...manly physique. So, do you?"

I stared ahead as I contemplated whether or not I should reward him with an answer, this ignorant man. Why was he so curious about me all of a sudden?

"I'm talking to you peasant!" 

"No sir I do not, I don't fancy your kind." I bit out. I wasn't one to go about and tell everyone about my affairs but I was about ready to end this conversation, I by no means wanted to continue talking to this man. 

I watched as he took a step back, as if visibly repulsed by the words that came out of my mouth.

"H- How filthy, why in God's name is a sodomite working in the castle, let alone for the princess. Utter madness in this place. No...no this is unacceptable,  I must inform the King at onc-"

"Andreas?" My eyes quickly shifted from Andreas' banter and over to the door, where Elizabeth stood peeking out at us. She opened the door wider. "What are you doing here, I thought you were set to travel back home today." Elizabeth's eyes shifted over to me but only for a second before she looked back at Andreas.

"Ah yes, I decided to put it off until tomorrow, I have something very important to discuss with you," he glanced over at me, "multiple things actually. Come let's go inside." He pushed Elizabeth back into the room then looked back over to me. "Do you mind? I'd like to spend some time with Elizabeth without you eavesdropping on our conversation, so run off would you... go on." He gave a dismissive wave.