Chapter 36

Abel's POV 

It has been three days since we've got to Slovenia and to say I was exhausted was an understatement. My body ached all over and the fatigue from being on the run for over a month was finally settling in. My body was beat.

I groaned lowly and gently rubbed my jaw. I knew it wasn't dislocated but heavens, the blow that guard gave me sure made it feel that way.

"Still hurts?" I jumped slightly,  surprised at Elizabeth's sudden presence. I sighed and sat up in bed.

"Just a bit, but I've dealt with worse." I said lowly. Talking alone hurts. 

My eyes found Elizabeth's when she walked over and stood directly in front of me. I raised a brow up at her.

"What?"

"Are you still upset with me?" She asked, a sad smile playing on her lips. I sighed heavily and ran my hands through my hair.

"I told you I wasn't, didn't I?" I replied and stood to my feet. I walked into the joint bathroom and turned the tap on and began washing my face. 

I liked Slovenia. It had such a modern feel to it, compared to Arkadia. Here, everything was sleek and well built, and the people seemed so content. They even had cars. Whereas back in Arkadia, Elizabeth's father seemed to enjoy living in the past, with old traditional rules, old buildings and carriages and I was more than sure that he had never once rebuilt any part of the town. Only the wealthy and privileged were able to live in that luxury. They lived without worry while the poor were left to suffer and fend for themselves.

"Yes but... you're still being so distant Abel." Elizabeth joined me in the bathroom. I sighed once more, tired of this whole situation.

Elizabeth was still pestering me about being a bit distant but what did she expect. This whole pregnancy thing was new to me and even though I had absolutely nothing against the child, the mere fact that it is half of Andreas just always seemed to... rub me the wrong way. I had to remind myself at times that Elizabeth didn't even want this, it was forced upon her.

I turned towards her and held her shoulders firmly then I rested my hands on her cheeks. "I'm sorry for being distant, it's just a lot to take in but I promise I'm not upset with you in any way." I said as I stared into her eyes. And I was being honest. I wasn't upset at her in the slightest. I just needed a bit of time to come to terms and get used to the whole thing.

She sighed and nodded. "Okay." She replied with a small smile. I smiled down at her and brought my lips down to hers. It has been a while since we've been intimate in any way, and I didn't want her thinking that this whole thing made me feel any differently about her. Almost immediately  Elizabeth deepened the kiss and began pushing me backwards slightly. My back bumped into the doorframe of the bathroom. I groaned when I felt her tongue run across my bottom lip, I immediately opened my mouth. I had missed her...I missed this. Having her in my arms and the feel of her lips on mine. 

Elizabeth's hands snaked under my shirt and rested on my abdomen. Her nails scratched lightly at my skin. I shuddered as a wave of desire ran through me, goosebumps immediately rose to my skin.

"Princess, Sir Ly- " Elizabeth and I quickly broke away at the sudden presence and both of us looked over at the voice. It was Selena, or well...Marcus's wife. 

"Selena oh..." Elizabeth said shyly. I could tell she was embarrassed being caught in such a compromising position. Selena chuckled at the shorter woman.

"My apologies, I should have knocked. Abel." She nodded over at me in greeting. I gave her a curt smile. "Sir Lytton has requested for you princess. " She smiled at Elizabeth who nodded.