Chapter 39

Abel's POV 

I snared and flung myself at him, a fit of rage now consuming me. I no longer cared about my need to escape. The only thought that ran through my head was 'kill him'. My body collided into his and I immediately brought my fists down to his face. My fists pounded into his face, bruising my knuckles raw in the process.

He clawed at my eyes, trying to get me off but I never held up. Just as I went to punch him again he lifted his knee and connected it with my crotch. I groaned loudly and my body froze momentarily due to the pain but this was enough to give him the upper hand. 

I was once again on my back with his arm wrapped around my neck. He grinned down at me like the maniac he was, bloody dripping from his lip. My hands clawed at his arms as I struggled under his weight. My lungs began to burn and blotches of white began to fill my sight. My mouth gaped as I tried to catch a breath of air.

"Yeah that's right!" I heard him laugh above me. I gritted my teeth and thrashed beneath him. My hand fell to the snow and landed on something cold, it almost felt like the barrel of a gun. I grabbed it and without much thought swung it at him. 

Andreas groaned loudly and I felt his weight left my body. Gaining some strength I scrambled back to my feet and pointed the gun at him. My chest heaved as air rushed through my nostrils. I watched as he held his bleeding nose and made an attempt to stand.

"Don't fucking move or I'll shoot!" I yelled at him. A low chuckle left his chest as he stared up at me. He turned to the side and spat onto the snow, coating it in red.

"No you won't!" He said and began rising to his feet. 

"I SAID DONT FUCKING MOVE!" My hands shook as I pointed the gun at him. He wiped his nose and began walking towards me. I immediately took steps backwards.

"You won't do anything, you don't have the guts-" 

Just as he got closer I pulled the trigger. The recoil of the gun sent me staggering but I quickly caught my balance. Andreas screamed out and grabbed his arm.

"YOU BITCH!" He yelled, his eyes wide and filled with anger, then he lunged at me. I quickly pulled the trigger once more, sending another bullet flying his way, only this time he somehow managed to dodge it. He collided into me, sending my body back to the ground.

The air flew out of my lungs as my back hit the snow and I cursed under my breath when the gun slipped from my hands. Andreas's hands found their way back around my throat, it seems as if this was how he intended to kill me, strangulation.

I struggled against him, and conjured up all my strength and pushed him off. I crept around, shoving snow aside as I searched for the gun. Just as I spotted it my ears pricked at the sound of multiple footsteps quickly approaching us. I grabbed up the gun and sprung back to my feet, only to come face to face with a line of Andreas's men, all staring me down with their guns raised.

"DROP YOUR WEAPON!" I heard one of the men yell. I gritted my teeth and gripped the gun tightly.

"What are you waiting for? SHOOT HER!" Andreas yelled from behind me and before I had time to prepare myself, the soldiers began firing at me.

I screamed and flung my body to the ground when a stray bullet hit my stomach. I scrambled and quickly crawled behind one of the many large rocks to take cover.

I grit my teeth and groaned quietly in pain as I stared at the blood that quickly began to stain my shirt. My hands shook as I added pressure onto the wound, trying my best to stop the bleeding. I could hear the soldiers approaching but I was just about done for. I had two bullet wounds and was slowly bleeding out. My body was getting weaker by the second.