Chapter 7

September 22nd.

Abel's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, and smiled as the rays of sunshine greeted me, engulfing me in it's warmth.

Wait, sun.

I sat up quickly, rubbing my eyes so they could focus. Oh shit, I overslept. I scrambled out of bed and quickly went over the sink to wash my face. The sun was already out which meant that a good portion of time has already passed, how had I slept so long and why didn't anyone come wake me up or something.

I pulled up my trousers and put on my jacket only to realize that it was on the wrong side. I cursed under my breath and took it off, throwing it to the ground. It wasn't that cold out anyway.

I slipped on my shoes and flung open the door, slamming it behind me. I was ready to take off down the hall when a voice stopped me.

"Well it's about time, you're finally awake." I turned and stared at Marcus as he leaned against the wall.

"Oh, yes I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. I don't know how on earth I overslept. I must have been really tired." I said scratching the back of my head. He smiled and nodded.

"Well let's get going shall we, you've already missed breakfast so let's just go ahead and start your training, we don't have much time." He said walking down the hall. I followed him.

"What will we do today?" I asked curious.

"Nothing too extensive, since you're just starting training we'll do something light, test your combat skills." He stated. I nodded. I think I was pretty good with one on one combat, I've fought plenty of people and normally came out unscathed or with minor injuries.

"Here we are." He said coming to a stop at two large doors, guarded by two men. They pushed open the doors and we both stepped in.

I stared in awe as I observed the room. It was large and resembled a gym. There were steel weights of all sizes and in one corner of the room stood what looked like a large wooden box with a glass covering. You could see a great number of knives and swords on the inside.

There were a few men present who were either sparring with each other or exercising by themselves.

"This way." Marcus said nudging me and breaking me out of my thoughts. The floors creaked as he led me over to the secluded part or the gym. He took off his vest and threw it to the side. "Okay so w-" he started but was interrupted.

"Marcus, my guy, where have you been all morning lad you missed the f-" a large man walked up to Marcus grinning but he stopped midsentence and stared at me. That's when I remembered his face. He was the same guy that was harassing that young girl uh well the princess. "Well if it isn't miss muscle." He said staring me down.

"You know each other?" Marcus questioned. The guy scoffed.

"Why would I know a piece of shit like this," he said gritting his teeth. He was definitely angry at me for breaking his nose. "This little bitch-" he said shoving me hard. I fell to the ground with a thud. The air flew out of my lungs as my back hit the concrete.

"What the hell Greg," Marcus said pushing him away from me, he glared at him and helped me up. I brushed my clothes off. "What is wrong with you?" Marcus asked.

"That's the bitch I was telling you about, the one that broke my nose." He said, his fists tightening and his knuckles turning white. Marcus glanced at me, a puzzled look on his face. I just stared at GrEg blankly.

"What, no way," Marcus laughed. "That's not possi-" Marcus started but paused as he watched us stare at each other. He coughed. "Well, you'll have to put that little grudge behind you because you'll be seeing her more often." Marcus said folding his arms.