Chapter 34

Abel's POV 

I groaned lowly against Elizabeth's lips, my need for her now taking over my body. I walked her backwards and out of the water and laid her gently on the ground, using my arms to propel myself at either side of her head. Our lips have yet to disconnect.

After a few seconds air became an issue so I pulled away from her lips and ran mine along the smooth length of her neck, a small moan escaped her lips and she ran her hands along the expanse of my back.

I was feeling so many different emotions at this moment.  Lust of course was at the forefront of them all but I also felt adoration. I adored this woman below me, every inch of her body from the top of her head to the tip of her toes. Every single aspect of her made my stomach stir in excitement.

I moved my lips back to hers and ran the pad of my tongue along her bottom lip, asking for permission. Elizabeth eagerly opened her mouth and I didn't even try to hide the girlish moan that left my throat. 

I slid my tongue eagerly against hers, wanting to become familiar with every inch of her mouth. Then I moved one of my hands to her neck. I gently wrapped my fingers around it then continued my way over her collarbone and down the valley of her breasts. I didn't touch them though, not yet. 

I continued my way down to her stomach and as soon as my fingers touched her abdomen, Elizabeth shoved me off of her. I wasn't stable enough on my knees and soon I lost balance and fell butt first, right into the stream. I winced when I felt the sharp rocks jut into the skin of my ass and the palms of my hands.

"Abel oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Elizabeth ran over to me and grabbed my hand, helping me up. I ran my hands along my face, wiping the water from my eyes before I glared at her. I was a bit upset because those rocks are really sharp.

"What the hell was that for!" I ran my hands over my bruised buttocks and hissed at the slight burn.

"I'm so sorry Abel." Elizabeth said, her voice now low and shaky. My anger quickly dissipated. 

I grabbed her hands and moved them from her face when she began to sob. I grabbed her cheeks and forced her to look up at me.

"No, it's fine. What's wrong? Why are you crying?  I'm sorry that I yelled at you okay." I frowned and I used my thumbs to wipe away her tears. She sniffed and shook her head.

"It's not that. I'm sorry I just... I don't think I'm ready to take that step with you Abel. I'm sorry." She choked out. I immediately shook my head and pulled her shaking frame into my body.

"Hey stop that! You don't need to apologize for that Liz. I'd never do anything you don't want me to okay. I'm not like him." I pulled back and stared into her eyes, making sure that she knew I'd never be like that man. "You should NEVER apologize for that. Alright?" I wiped at the few tears that still fell. Elizabeth sniffs and nodded.

I leaned down and brushed my lips lightly against hers.

"Come on, let's get dressed and get some more rest." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and led her back over to our clothes.

After we dried off and got dressed we both went back to the small hut. I pulled Elizabeth onto my chest and wrapped my arms around her body. After a few minutes of small sniffles her breathing evened out, letting me know that she had fallen asleep.

I sighed and closed my eyes, willing myself to do the same.

_

A month...that's how long we've been traveling by foot. An entire month traveling alone with Elizabeth. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Yes there were a few offsets here and there being that I had to constantly make us shelters, our food supply was running extremely low because Elizabeth was always hungry, tsk tsk tsk her and her appetite, and of course walking had taken a toll on us both.