Chapter 7 (edited)

Claire's POV:

I have been here in this room for hours now. All by myself. Derek came to get me for lunch but I didn't have the courage to face the devil again. His whole demeanor scares the life out of me. He is known and feared for his merciless and cold nature towards people.

And the fact I'm under the same roof as him scares me even more. Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?

I was lost in my thoughts staring out the window. What would Skyler possibly be doing right now? Is she missing me as much as I miss her?

A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts and I let out a soft 'come in'. Derek walked in giving me his best smile and sat beside me.

"Dinner time kitten" he said urging me to get out of bed.

"I don't feel like eating Derek" I told him truly because I really didn't have any appetite left after the breakfast incident, everytime I have an attack I just feel exhausted all day. Today is one of those days. Plus I'm not willing to cross paths with him again, not anytime soon at least.

"But you haven't eaten since morning kitten, it is not ok to miss your meals"

"I just wanna be here for now Derek, I will let you know when I'm hungry, ok?" I said smiling at him, he sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Is it because of Xavier?" He muttered keeping his eyes on me. Just the mention of his name gives me the chills. I nodded hesitantly as a look of annoyance crossed his face and he stood up.

"He won't hurt you in my presence kitten, so you don't worry your little head about it, si?"

Derek spoke so surely that even I believed him for a second, but it's Xavier Winston we're talking about, he isn't afraid of anyone or nothing can stop him from doing what he desires.

I still nodded at him and he walked out closing the door. I took a look at the clock and it was 8:30 pm. Only if I had my phone so I could at least read something. Being locked up in a room all day is honestly really boring.

I got up from the chair carefully not to put too much pressure on my injured leg and limped my way toward the bathroom. The bathroom was just as fancy as this mansion was. Lavishing tiles and walls. It was huge, and the bathtub itself was pretty big.

I

went and stood by the sink staring at myself in the mirror. I looked different, I looked scared and weak, and my eyes had bags underneath them from not sleeping properly and the constant fear of being killed by a mafia leader. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, untangling them. What does he want from me? Why can't he just let me go? How can I escape from the clutches of one monster and into another?