Chapter 18 (edited)

Claire's POV:

As I and Xavier walked out of the restaurant I kept my head low, we walked in silence as we approached his car. Walking up to the passenger seat he opened the door as I stood dumbfounded looking at him confused.

In my defense, I didn't expect a mafia Lord to open a door for me!

He let out a sigh in annoyance and motioned for me to get in the car, it was enough for me to scurry my way into the car. Closing the door he walked over to his side and got in.

His car was fancier than I expected, and it smelled just like him, my mind was going hazy breathing in his scent. The seat was warm and soft. And surprisingly much more comfier than limbo.

I pulled the seat belt around me but it wouldn't lock in, I tried a couple of times but it wouldn't, out of nowhere Xavier's hands held mine stopping me, I whipped my head up to look at him but he was looking down, he removed my hand from the seat belt, locked it in for me as my cheeks went red in embarrassment. His hands felt really warm and yet rough. 

Xavier settled in and started the engine. Being this close to him is suffocating yet calming. If I wasn't sitting I doubt I'd be able to stand properly.

I took in a deep breath resting my hands on my lap as I kept my head low. It's OK, everything's ok.

I looked outside the window as Xavier was driving steadily, I looked at the passing cars and the street lights. I didn't take my eyes away from the window for even a second, it has been awfully long since I saw the streets or since I had been out of the mansion and I don't wanna miss any view before I'm locked up again.

After like 15 minutes of silent driving Xavier pulled up in front of an ice cream parlor. My eyes lit up looking at the place, I whipped my head towards him in excitement, he was already looking at me intensely not saying anything.

He leaned forward slightly and unbuckled my seat belt, I couldn't hold back the smile that made its way to my lips in pure excitement. Ice cream is my weakness.

He turned the engine down and got out of the car walking towards my side as he opened the door for me, I could feel my cheeks turning red as I walked out and mumbled a 'thank you'. He locked the car and motioned me to walk.

Without hesitation, I started walking towards the ice cream parlor with him right beside me.

Upon reaching the parlor Xavier walked in and held the door open for me, that's quite gentlemanly, I thought as I entered the shop.

Xavier walked me toward the ice cream containers. There were so many flavors to pick from, many flavors of chocolate, my mouth watered just by looking at them.

I was eyeing the ice creams like a hungry dog as Xavier stood beside me patiently. Soon the worker approached us making me look up at him. He seemed to be the same age as me.

"And what can I get you beautiful?" He said winking at me.

I didn't like the way he was looking at my chest, it only made me feel uncomfortable to even speak, the guy was not at all intimidating but I don't like when guys flirt with me, it just makes it all awkward.

I took a step closer to Xavier and without saying anything I pointed at the chocolate brownie ice cream.

"I didn't quite hear you love" he said teasingly making me even more uncomfortable.

"Do your fucking job right or get the fuck out of my face" Xavier said with gritted teeth, the boy looked like he saw a ghost as his face went pale and he whispered a 'sorry' and hurriedly took two big scoops of the chocolate brownie ice cream putting it in a cup.