Chapter 37 (edited)

Claire's POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about everything Derek told me. Skyler is in major danger and I have to kill Xavier to ensure her safety. But that's the thing, I can't kill him.

Letting out a shaky breath I ran my hands through my hair resting my head in my palms. If only Xavier was here right now..

Getting up from the couch I walked out into the garden letting the cold breeze hit my face somewhat calming my thudding heart.

Sitting down on the ground I ran my fingers across the wet grass when suddenly the glass door sliding open harshly made me flinch and look at who it was when my eyes landed on the very worried face of Xavier. He's here..

His eyes ran all across the garden before they fell on me and he took quick steps toward me. I quickly stood up confused and he immediately wrapped his arms around me pulling me hard against his chest.

"Fuck angel" he muttered before pulling away slightly and holding my face in his palms, his eyes scanning my face.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" He rushed, not letting go of my face. Does he know?

"Did you leave Derek's side even for a minute?" He asked looking into my eyes, his hands still on my cheeks not allowing me to look away. Tell him, Claire, he can help, he can save Skyler..

I was about to break down and tell him everything when I remembered what Evan had said. If he finds out I told Xavier, he would kill Skyler without a second thought.

Gulping down the lump forming at the back of my throat I slowly shook my head and he let out a breath of relief before pulling me back in his arms.

Tears filled my eyes and I hugged him back with urgency breathing in his scent that calmed my racing heart.

"I thought something happened to you" he whispered slowly pulling back and looked into my eyes. A deep frown appeared on his forehead when he saw my teary eyes and he gently rubbed his thumb under my eyes.

"What's wrong doll?" He asked in a very gentle voice and I had to bite my lip to stop it from trembling.

Shaking my head I wrapped my hands around him again not wanting to let go of the comfort and the feeling of protection he offered.

He gently wrapped his arms around me and lift me and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he walked back into the house.

Walking in he stopped, and before I would look up to see why, I heard Derek's voice.

"You're back early" he said with a hint of surprise.

"I had to, I'll talk to you later Derek" he muttered.

"Looks like someone missed you brother" Derek chuckled and I could feel my face turning red.

Xavier's chest vibrated slightly and a throaty chuckle escape his mouth making my heart skip a beat.

Without saying another word he began walking up the stairs and soon we were in his room.

Gently dropping me on my feet he didn't step away or removed his hands from my waist.

⚠️ adult scene ahead ⚠️

"Look at me angel" his deep voice whispered.

Carefully dragging my eyes up they connected with his deep brown ones that only held the look of care.

"mi sei mancato, cazzo" he mumbled softly before surprising me when he leaned down and connected his lips with mine. (I fucking missed you, baby)