Chapter 17 (edited)

Claire's POV:

It's been three days, 3 days of me trying to dodge Xavier as much as I possibly can. I would go for breakfast late when I'm positive that he has left, mostly he won't come back for lunch so I don't have to worry about that, at nights I would eat early and won't leave my room at all.

Why have I been avoiding him? Well to be honest I don't know. He makes me feel things I have never felt before and then he gets all cold and rough on me for no reason. So I thought it's best if I avoid him and I've been successful so far, I haven't seen his face for the past 3 days.

Derek has asked me a couple of times why I have been staying in my room and avoiding him, but Its not him I'm avoiding, it's just Xavier, and Derek is mostly here when Xavier is, and I couldn't risk leaving my room and bumping into him.

I have been in my room mostly, I found a few papers and a pen in the drawer of the dressing table and I have been writing on it, it has kept me quite occupied lately.

But today isn't one of the lucky days, tonight's the party of Chloe's and Oliver's anniversary and gender reveal.

Which means I have to face him. I sigh as I lay down on the floor with my eyes closed. I don't know why but it always helped me calm my racing heart down, feeling the cold floor under me reminds me of Eric, he was the one who actually taught me this trick, everytime I'd get scared or anxious, he would always lay on the cold floor with me.

The thought of him brought a smile to my lips.

"What the fuck! Oh my god, kitten are you Ok??"

A very worried voice of Derek pulled me out of my daze as I opened my eyes and looked at him staring down at me with worry clear in his eyes.

I chuckled and sat up.

"I'm ok Derek, relax" I said and he eyed me confused.

"Why are you on the floor then??"

"I needed to calm my nerves down" I said not making eye contact with him. He walked towards me and sat down on the floor beside me.

"What's got you so worried kitten?" He asked genuinely concerned.

I let out a sigh as I looked at him "just tonight, I don't know how it will go" I said honestly.

He gave me a soft smile and pulled me into him holding me tight in his embrace.

"It's all gonna be ok kitten, I'll be by your side all night, you have absolutely nothing to worry about" he said while softly rubbing my arms.

I hugged him back hoping he was right and this night goes all good.

"What is that?" Derek said and abruptly stood up making me look at what he saw.

Oh crap. The pages I had been writing on were scattered all over the floor beside the bed. I quickly got up but he was fast as he picked them up before me.

"Damn it's a bunch of pages, did you write them?" He asked as he looked through the pages.

"Yes and give them back!" I said as I ran towards him trying to grab the pages.

Even tho I've posted a couple of my books online, it's anonymous, no one knows I wrote them so I feel comfortable enough. But in this case, he knows I wrote them, and let's just say I'm too shy for anyone to read them unless I'm 100% sure it's ready and this one most certainly is not.

"Now I'm more interested in reading what you wrote in it, since you want it back so badly" Derek chuckled raising his hands high up so I can't reach it.