Chapter 8 (edited)

Xavier's POV:

I walk into my room and slam my door shut. I was furious, fucking furious at myself. I may be a monster, a merciless beast who kills in cold blood. But I never harm the innocent. I kill people, yes, and I deliver them the fucking punishment they deserve that the lame government isn't capable of doing.

Claire, on the other hand, she seems so pure and innocent but every time I look at her, her fucking tattoo that reminds me of them I see an enemy and it makes me wanna tear her apart, but at the same time her eyes, her fucking big doe eyes makes me wanna hold her in my arms, her trembling lips make me wanna comfort her.

Seeing the fear in her eyes for me annoyingly disturbed me. Which is weird as fuck, I never cared what people thought of me, especially a fucking girl who has a very high possibilities of being my biggest enemy.

With the information I have on her, she doesn't seem guilty but that goddamn tattoo, is not just any tattoo, it has been running in their family for ages. A fucking snake around a dagger, Fucking backstabbing motherfuckers.

Even if she was an orphan there's no proof that her parents are dead. And I swore I won't rest until I tear them bone to bone.

I sighed in annoyance plopping down on my bed and closing my eyes, why did her smell had to be so alluring? She smelled like roses, fragile and delicate. Her small figure makes her look even more adorable, like an Angel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning!

Claire's POV:

It was the bright glow of the sun emerging through the curtains that woke me up. I rubbed my eyes stretching my arms. I pulled the comforters off and slide off the comfortable warm bed and walked lazily towards the bathroom, my leg was numb with all the heavy medication I was on but at least I was able to walk with the help of walls.

I did my business and hopped in the shower making sure not to wet my injured leg too much, after showering I wrapped the towel around me and got out of the shower. I stood by the sink looking at my reflection in the mirror. I could see the small scar on my neck that I assume came from when Xavier pushed the knife into my throat. I lifted my hand and traced my fingers on it softly, it was fading away but was still visible.

Why am I still here? I can't stay here like this, I need to build up my courage and talk to Derek.

I sighed walking out of the bathroom to find a dress perfectly laying on the bed, I walked closer to it and saw a note.

'Thought it would look cute on you kitten :)' I smiled reading the note, it was from Derek, he got me a dress. He's so thoughtful.

I picked the dress up and went into the walk-in closet, I put on the dress Derek got me and surprisingly it fit perfectly. It was a light blue short summer dress with a vintage neckline.

 It was a light blue short summer dress with a vintage neckline