Chapter 36 (edited)

Claire's POV:

It's just been a day since Xavier left and I can't deny that I have been missing him more than usual. But the Teddy helped a lot, I didn't have any nightmares last night while I slept hugging the Teddy bear.

It was the sweetest and most touching gesture anyone has ever done for me. Especially the cute little note warmed my heart. I kept it with the other note he left me in my book.

Yesterday I was missing him all day, and I was hesitant to call him since I didn't know if he would be okay with it or not. But thankfully he called me and I was able to listen to his comforting voice. Which oddly enough made me feel tingles all over my body.

Picking up my phone I decided to send him a good morning and a hugging gif that I found cute.

Satisfied with the text I got out of bed and walked out of the room.

Derek said we'd be going to my new favorite cafe for breakfast today and I was already in my sundress with knee socks and sneakers.

"Ready kitten?" Derek asked picking up his car keys to which I nodded and followed him out of the house and into his car.

"Someone seems jolly today. Something or rather someone on your mind kitten?" Derek teased wiggling his eyebrows.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I muttered fighting the blush on my face.

"Maybe someone whose perfume you're using" he said knowingly and my cheeks went blaring red.

"I-I just like the smell!" I mumbled, flustered.

"Sure you do kitten, sure you do" he chuckled before starting the car and I just kept my eyes on the road while my face was burning in embarrassment.

I couldn't help it, I needed his scent around me to keep me calm. This never happened to me before and I don't seem to mind it either.

After a while we reached the cafe, I and Derek both got out and walked into the cafe. Derek decided that we don't need any guards around because he knows the area well so it was just me and him.

Getting in I found us an empty table while he went to order.

After 15 minutes of waiting, Derek came back to the table with our breakfast and my stomach grumbled and my mouth watered. I'm hungry.

"They ran out of your favorite blueberry muffin kitten, so I got you a chocolate one, Is that good?" He asked taking a seat and setting the food on the table.

"That looks delicious" I chuckled picking up the chocolate chip muffin before taking a big bite off it and it was tasty.

He ruffled my hair and began eating his sandwich.

We were busy eating when my phone dinged and I picked it up to see a text from Xavier. With slightly tinted cheeks I picked it up and opened the chat.

'Did you sleep well angel?'

'I did, thanks to Teddy'

'you better not replace me with that teddy doll'

My face went red reading his text and I immediately shut the phone.

Peeking at Derek he was still busy with his sandwich and I let out a sigh of relief he didn't see me texting his brother and then getting all flustered.

After we were done eating we got up and Derek handed me over the car keys.

"I'll pay for this kitten, you can wait in the car okay" he informed and I gave him a nod, then he walked towards the cashier and I walked out of the cafe.