Chapter 19 (edited)

Xavier's POV:

I was fuming with anger, whoever the fuck tried this stunt tonight is either stupid as fuck or has a death wish. It's not the first time I've been in a situation like this, I have more enemies than friends.

But tonight they weren't shooting at me, they were shooting at her. Whoever is behind this attack wasn't there to kill me instead they were there to kill Claire.

I drove insanely towards the basement. I tried not to let my mind wander off to her, about her soft and sweet lips and how perfectly they molded with mine, how her body responded to my softest of touch. As if she had been craving me.

From her soft gasps to her delightful scent, it all flooded me. I couldn't hold back any longer and gave in. And now that I've got a taste of her, resisting her will be much more difficult but I must, I can't forget the reason I brought her here.

Letting out a deep frustrated sigh I step foot on the race. There are some fuckers waiting for me.

Reaching the basement I parked my car and got out. Walking towards the door I could feel my hands twitching to wrap my fingers around those assholes and squeeze so hard until they stop breathing.

Getting in I saw Derek and Oliver standing there, blood splattered all over Derek's clothes.

"Where?" I gritted out as I walked up to them.

"In the room, wishing they were never born" Derek chuckled and I started walking towards the room with Derek and Oliver right on my tail.

Walking in I inspect the room as my eyes land on the two shitheads, beaten up and tied onto the chairs crying like bitches.

I walked straight to them pulling my gun out as I shot one guy right in the head ending his pathetic cries.

"Who sent you?" I asked adjusting my gun on the other guy's forehead, staring right at him, fear was evident in his eyes but he didn't say a word. Which was only making me angrier.

"I won't fucking think twice before I blow your head off so I suggest don't test my patience and tell me who the fuck sent you!" I roared but he plastered a hideous smirk on his bloody lips.

"You will kill me either way, I know who you are" he spoke with his croaky voice making me smirk sinisterly.

I pulled away the gun standing straight as I aimed for his balls and fired away as high-pitched screams left his throat.

I grabbed a fistful of his hair making him look me right in the eyes.

"Fine, don't tell me but death won't be the mercy I'll grant you" I spitted out on his face as I saw the look of pure terror in his eyes which made my smirk grow wider.

Pushing him away as his chair fell on the ground I turned and looked towards Oliver.

"Break him to the point he begs for death" I said and Oliver nodded as I walked out with Derek right behind me.

"Is your arm ok?" He asked worriedly.

"It's just a bullet graze, I'm ok" I said walking out of the basement.

"Is Claire ok? She's not hurt is she?" Derek asked sounding worried making me look at him, he might be softer and sweeter but there aren't many people he cares about so deeply and he seems to care a lot about her. And it for some reason made me feel awfully weird.

I sighed and nodded "She's fine, just a bit shook up" I said and unlocked my car.

"Whoever is behind the attack will pay for it" I said and Derek nodded in agreement.