Chapter 25 (edited)

Claire's POV:

The car ride was awkwardly silent after the sudden kiss, I couldn't figure out what I did wrong or what happened for his mood to swing like that. I swear he's bipolar.

The whole ride he didn't once look up from his phone and a part of me was hurt. Trying not to think about it I averted my gaze out the window.

As the car came to a halt Xavier immediately got out leaving me alone.

Sucking in a deep breath I walked out and followed him into the plane. As I got in I saw he was already seated on the far right, no emotion visible on his face.

Keeping my head low I walked towards him and sat next to him fastening my seat belt and luckily I was successful on my first attempt.

Soon the plane was ready to take off and my heart rate went up the roof. I peeked over at Xavier but he wasn't looking at me. Gathering up all the might in me I spoke.

"C-Can I please hold your hand?" My voice came out shakier than I hoped.

Hearing my voice he turned his face towards me and his eyes softened as he held his hand out for me to hold.

Almost immediately I held his hand and soon he began rubbing his thumb in a circular motion like he did before and it calmed me down.

The plane took off and we were in the air now but I still didn't let go of his hand, I liked how my hand molded perfectly into his.

~~~~~~~~

Xavier's POV:

There she sat with my hand in hers, absent-mindedly playing with the rings on my fingers, feeling the rough parts of my hands. All of her actions screamed innocence but it was making me wanna fuck her mindlessly. I'm a fucking creep.

A part of me was satisfied knowing my presence somewhat comforted her, and calmed her when she was scared. But I also know if Derek or Oliver were around she wouldn't even consider coming anywhere near me.

Why would she? I fucking scarred her.

Letting out a deep sigh I let my eyes wander off to her, watch her angelic face, and wonder what is she doing to me, this isn't me.

After a while, she stopped running her tiny fingers over my palm but my hand was still resting on her thigh and I had no intention of removing it.

But the vibration of my phone brought me out of my daze forcing me to remove my hand from her lap and pick up the phone. Getting up I walked towards the room.

"What is it, Derek?"

"We've got a problem brother"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire's POV:

I don't know when I dozed off after Xavier left but I woke up when the pilot spoke in the speaker saying we're about to land. Are we finally in Italy?

Rubbing the laziness out of my eyes I looked around but Xavier wasn't there.

Soon the plane landed and I let out a sigh of relief. I never wanna get on a plane ever again.

The door opened and out walked Xavier with his sleeves rolled up, hair messy as if he had been running his hands through them. A strange look of worry clouded his features.

Without paying me any attention he walked straight out. Ignoring the stinging in my heart I stretched my hands on the compartment above to pull out my handbag.