Chapter 49 (edited)

Claire's POV:

"Good morning sunshine"

He chuckled and my blood ran cold. No, this can't be happening, how did I get back here!?

"Scared hm? Did you really think you escaped me? Didn't I tell you that you and every inch of your body belong to me?" He roared as his voice got louder. I couldn't see anything as if I was blindfolded but my eyes were open and all I could see was infinite darkness.

"You fucking whore, you deserve to be treated like this" he shouted and began hitting me in my stomach and I began running out of breath.

"CLAIRE, wake up!"

I gasped and jumped up, frantically looking around confused about what was happening and then it drown on to me, I was having a nightmare and a panic attack all at once.

Then my eyes found Skyler, she was in tears as she pulled me in a tight hug and that's when I realized I myself was also crying, tears rolling down my face with no control as I hugged and sobbed into her arms.

After crying so much I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in her lap.

I don't know how long was I asleep for but I woke up feeling hungry. Sitting up I realized that I was now alone in my bed.

Rubbing my eyes I dragged myself out of bed and towards the kitchen to get myself something to eat.

Walking into the kitchen my eyes fell on a sticky note Skyler must've left on the fridge.

'Be back in 10, need groceries'

I smiled softly at her sweet gesture and pulled open the fridge before pulling out a carton of milk and pouring myself a glass.

I was about to walk back into my room but then a huge box in the lounge caught my eye. Putting the glass down on the counter I walked forward and stopped right in front of the box, it was fairly as big as myself.

Cautiously pulling it open I gasped when my eyes caught the sight of the Teddy bear that Xavier brought for me. I thought I left it in Italy.

With a smile, I pulled it out of the box, and just then another box fell out making me frown.

Getting down on my knees I pulled the smaller box closer to me and opened it, just to find the silky material of Xavier's shirt and my bracelet sitting nicely in it.

I could feel the lump forming at the back of my throat as I pulled the shirt closer to my face and took in a deep breath and as always it calmed my heart like never before. Did he send it?

Just then I heard the main door jiggling open, and I got scared, holding tightly onto the box in my hands. But I was relieved when Skyler walked in with her hands filled with groceries.

"Ah you're awake, Derek dropped that box off. He said it's your belongings" she explained and walked towards the kitchen.

Lifting the heavy Teddy bear and the box that had Xavier's shirt, I walked into my room and dropped it all on the bed.

Walking back out I helped Skyler get the groceries out of the bags and into the fridge.

After we were done setting the groceries she began cooking and I went back to my room with my glass of milk and sat down on my bed.

Pulling the box closer I pulled Xavier's shirt out and then my eyes fell on a sticky note at the end of the box.

"mi manchi piccola"