Chapter 24 (edited)

Claire's POV:

Instead of going out, Xavier decided to order take-outs and stay in. Maybe he's tired.

The food arrived 10 minutes ago and we have been eating quietly, but the silence wasn't comfortable, he was acting kind of strange. Normally I'd feel his eyes on me, but right now he seems to avoid looking at me.

Soon he got done with his food and got up, throwing away the empty box in the dustbin he walked towards the bathroom. I too got done and threw my box in the bin and walked toward the bed. Wait I can't sleep on the bed, he probably wouldn't want me to.

Letting out a deep sigh I picked up a pillow and walked towards the couch. Guess I gotta spend the night on the couch.

Soon as I rested my head on the pillow Xavier's deep voice forced me to open my eyes and look at him.

There he stood with his chest on full display and his gray sweats hanging low making heat rise to my face. Is he gonna sleep like that?

"And what do you think you're doing?" He asked not sounding happy at all.

"S-Sleeping?" I replied, confused.

He let out a deep breath before speaking again.

"Get on the bed Claire" he ordered but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

"But you're gonna be s-sleeping there" I protested to which he only shook his head.

"There's plenty of room for the both of us so get on the bed" he explained as he got under the sheets.

Sucking in a deep breath I picked up the pillow and went to lie down on the bed. His eyes were following my every move making me nervous.

Quickly getting in bed I made sure to lie on the far end of my side to make sure there was enough space between the both of us.

Even tho there was a good amount of space between us, I could still feel the warmth his body offered and I wanted to crawl and snuggle in it.

Resisting the urge I pulled the blanket up to my chest and after a few long minutes, I finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier's POV:

Seeing her in her tiny pj's I already knew I'm gonna have a fucking hard time controlling myself from claiming her. If I didn't know better I'd say she did that to spite me but she was too innocent to do such a thing.

I saw as she slept on the literal edge. One slight movement and she'd fall.

Letting out a sigh I softly pulled her light body so that she was properly lying down. Looking down at her I felt a smile creeping up my lips. She's so naturally beautiful.

Unconsciously my eyes traveled down her neck, zeroing in on her tattoo. I softly traced it. Are you one of them Angel?

Ripping my eyes off it I was about to go to sleep when I felt her body shiver ever so slightly.

She began mumbling in her sleep as a deep frown appeared on her face. She looked like she was in pain. She was having a nightmare.

Feeling a sharp stinging in my heart I slowly pulled her shivering body against mine, holding her firmly against my chest.

"Shhh it's okay baby, I won't let anyone hurt you" I whispered softly while rubbing her smooth silky hair. And soon she snuggled into my chest and was back to her unbothered sleep.