Chapter 21 (edited)

Claire's POV:

"Ella I can't find the baking powder," I said while searching the cupboards gathering all the ingredients to make breakfast.

Today I woke up with Xavier's harsh words still lingering in my head but I pushed passed it and got in the kitchen. I didn't know what everyone liked but with Ella's help, I figured out what to make for everyone.

"Here it is love" Ella said handing me a small packet.

I thanked her and began making the batter.

"It's shocking master allowed you to cook" Ella said chucklin1g.

"Maybe he liked the dinner last night" I said giggling.

"Or maybe you seduced him with your slutiness" A voice interrupted us as I looked at the source of the voice just to find a very furious Emma standing by the door. Why would she say something so absurd?

I frowned at the choices of her words.

"Emma get back to work, you can't talk to Claire like that" Ella scolded her which seemed to piss her even more.

"Why can't I? Am I not saying the truth, huh Claire?" She proceeded to look at me with disgust. I could feel my throat closing in as tears threatened to fill my eyes blurring my vision. I'm not a crybaby but I can't handle being called such things when I haven't done anything to deserve them..

I ignored her remarks and tried to focus back on the bowl in front of me when suddenly she grabbed my wrist pulling me away.

"Just because he allowed you to make meals for him because you probably opened your legs for him doesn't make you any less of a whore!" She spitted every word with venom as she kept a death grip on my wrist making me hiss in pain.

"Get away from her Emma!" Ella pushed her away from me "get back to work before I call master!" She threatened as Emma scoffed and stomped out giving me one last dirty look.

My eyes were filled with tears, on the verge of falling. Whore, slut..one can only have horrible memories connected to such words.

My breathing began to shorten as I could feel my hands tremble. Ella held my face in her hands.

"Love don't take her seriously, she's irrelevant" Ella tried to calm me down but I couldn't. I pulled away from her and ran upstairs as her words kept repeating in my head making it impossible for me to breathe.

Running into my room I quickly rushed into the bathroom and locked myself in as I curled myself in the corner and tried to get my breathing to normal while tears started spilling down my cheeks none stop.

"You're a fucking slut, I'll show you how sluts like you should be treated!"

His words rang in my ears making my state even worse. I hugged my knees tightly as tears fell none stop. I was full-on crying at this point.

"Claire, sweetheart please open the door" Ella's worried voice rang through the bathroom but I couldn't move, I couldn't even listen to her properly as I began hearing loud ringing in my ears.

"You're good for nothing, I will give you exactly what you deserve, you fucking whore!"

"No one gives a fuck about you besides fucking you"

There was a loud bang against the bathroom door followed by Xavier's voice "Claire open this door!"

More tears fell as I started scratching my chest and neck trying to breathe, I can't breathe..