Chapter 39 (edited)

Claire's POV:

I stared at him, lost for words. His hard glare burned at me with anger. If looks could kill I'd already be 6 feet under the ground.

"You seem surprised doll. Was I not supposed to find this?" He asked, his voice dangerously low as he took slow steps towards me, the gun still in his tight fists.

"I-I can explain" I stuttered, not being able to form proper sentences.

"Can you? Or are you gonna lie to my fucking face again?" He muttered harshly taking large steps towards me and I shook taking an immediate step back which resulted in me crashing into the bookshelf behind me.

Slamming his hands on either side he trapped me in between his body and the bookshelf. His eyes bore into mine, filled with rage and anger. And after a very long time, I was terrified of him.

"If you're gonna explain something, then tell me why did you kiss him?" He gritted out and my heart stopped. He saw...?

"Why did you fucking kiss him, Claire?!" He roared making me shiver as tears sprung out of my eyes. His hot breath hitting my face.

"What was the plan hm? Kill me in my sleep?" He continued now holding the gun in front of my face.

"X-Xavier-"

"Do not say my name!" He snapped and I could feel his words slicing my heart open.

Grabbing my hands harshly he forced the gun into my shaky hands and held the barrel of the gun against his chest.

More tears dropped down my face and I tried to pull them away but his grip around my hands only tightened.

"What's wrong? Isn't this what he asked you to do? Wasn't this your fucking plan?" He muttered, his eyes now glistening, filled with pain. My heart shattered hearing the pain in his voice.

"Look me in the eyes when you pull that trigger Claire." he ordered before slowly letting go of my hands, the gun still in them.

"And you better not miss." he muttered and my hands shook terribly, my ears were beginning to ring.

"P-Please no, I c-c-can't!" I cried out falling onto my knees, sobbing into my hands.

He harshly pulled me back onto my feet before slamming my back into the bookshelf making me hiss out as he held my hands tightly above my head.

His other hand held my jaw forcing me to look into his eyes, and the moment our eyes connected I could see the pain swimming in his eyes and my heart shattered, because I know if I would've told him, if I didn't hide this from him, this wouldn't be happening..

"You hesitated" he began as his hold on my arms tightened, his voice low and dangerously calm sending shivers down my body "but if I ever see your face again, I will empty my gun in that pretty little head of yours, and that's a fucking promise" he whispered before letting go of me and taking a step back.

"Leave" he ordered and I shook my head trying to reach out for his arm.

"Xavier p-please let me exp-"

"I said fucking LEAVE!" He roared flipping over one of the study tables making me jump in fear and scurry out of the room with tears streaming down my face. What have I done...

I rushed out of the house, it was still pitch black outside.

Wrapping my arms around myself I began walking down the empty, dark road while I cried to myself. Everything's messed up..