Chapters 56 (edited, mega last chapter)

Claire's POV:

I woke up when my stomach was grumbling like a literal monster.

Sitting up in my bed I realized I wasn't on the couch anymore where I originally fell asleep, and then it hit me. Ashley!

I panicked and immediately got up looking around the room and that's when I heard a soft giggle coming from outside and I rushed to my door. God, please be okay!

Rushing into the living room my mouth fell wide open seeing the site in front of my eyes.

Xavier was seated on one of the sofas with Ashley on his lap. One of his sleeves was rolled up all the way, revealing his tattooed arm on which Ashley was coloring with colorful markers.

Xavier didn't seem to notice me yet neither did Ashley so I decided to stay back and admire them for a bit more.

"You are now my friend Xavi?" Ashley asked in a soft voice and Xavier let out a soft chuckle that almost melt me on the spot.

"Of course I am sweetheart" he replied gently and ruffled her hair with his free hand. I'd never seen him, a big bad mafia boss being so gentle and polite with a 3 yr old, and for some reason, it warmed my insides.

Then Ashley's eyes fell on me and she excitedly jumped off of his lap and ran towards me.

"Aunt Claire's awake!" She exclaimed happily and hugged my legs and I bent down to pick her up while in my peripheral vision I could see him getting up from the couch.

He walked over to me and stopped barely a feet away and reached his hand up just to rest the back of his hand on my forehead before letting out a relieved sigh.

"Your fever is gone" he said and I looked at him confused.

"Fever? But I wasn't sick" I mumbled and he shook his head.

"You were unconscious when I found you Claire" he spoke a bit sternly and hearing my name from his mouth was still unfamiliar to me.

"Aunt Claire, Xavi is now my friend" Ashley interrupted and I looked at her with a soft smile.

"Is that so munchkin? I'm still your favorite though, right?" I asked her with a pout and she giggled wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Always!" She replied and I kissed her head softly before looking back at Xavier and he stood there with a soft smile on his lips and adoration in his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"I feel good, h-how did you get in?" I asked, a bit nervous and confused.

"I have my ways angel" he replied with a smirk and my heart melted hearing him call me that after so long, and I can't deny, I missed it.

Out of nowhere my stomach growled out loud grabbing his attention and my face went beat red in embarrassment.

"Ashley, come here sweetheart" he mumbled softly and Ashley immediately turned in my arms, holding her hands for him to pick her up and he did.

"Why don't you go finish your coloring, then we will have ice cream, hm?" He instructed her gently and she happily got out of his arms and ran back to where her coloring books were sprawled around. She never listens to me like that!

"I made food" he said and I looked at him in shock. He did?

He began walking towards the kitchen and I silently followed him. I was expecting the kitchen to be a mess but it was surprisingly clean and smelled delicious.

"Take a seat" he instructed and I sat down by the counter table and he served me a plate of pasta and my mouth watered looking at it.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I asked softly and he just shook his head before sitting right next to me.