Chapter 12 (edited)

Claire's POV:

It's been a week, a week since I last saw Xavier, a week I've been living here with Oliver, Chloe, and Ella. At first, I was nervous around Oliver and Chloe, but they are really sweet people if you ignore their line of work. We would talk all day about anything and everything, I really enjoy her company, we have so many things in common, we like the same books and even she likes chocolate ice cream same as me.

Oliver would always cook for us, and let me tell you he makes the best food I've ever had in my entire life. Even Ella has been treating me like a daughter, she even gave me a full house tour.

And my god this mansion is bigger than I thought. Upstairs from my room, there are 4 guestrooms and an office. Who has an office in their home?

There was also another room but it was locked and Ella said we aren't allowed to go in there. I wonder what's behind that door.

On the rooftop there was a giant pool, the water sparkled under the sunshine giving a very beautiful view.

There was also a full-on garden at the back of the mansion, and it looked absolutely breathtaking. It was filled with various flowers of every kind. I personally like the garden more since it brings me closer to nature and allows me to breathe fresh air.

Everyone here has been treating me well so far and even my leg has recovered a lot, now Oliver doesn't have to carry me everywhere.

Even tho everyone's been treating me nicely I still miss Sky, she is my family. I miss her every passing second of the day. I wish I could somehow let her know that I'm somewhat safe and alive.

During this week I thought of a lot of ways to escape this mansion but came up with none that would succeed. And even if I somehow manage to escape, Xavier will hunt me down and then he will for sure kill me and not just me, it can put Skyler at risk too, I've heard rumors about how he likes to set examples with his victims. And I'd rather not become one of those.

I can only wait for him to either let me go, which will be a miracle, or to either free me from this life. Both ways all I can do is wait.

I let out a sigh walking around the garden barefoot feeling the soft grass underneath my feet. Currently, Oliver is helping Ella prepare lunch and Chloe went to rest. Oliver does let me out in the garden alone because one, the mansion is surrounded by tight security, and second, he knows I don't have the guts to run away.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing?"

Out of nowhere, an unfamiliar voice startled me as I quickly turned around to see who it was. There stood a tall man with brunette hair, dark black eyes, and a huge scar on his left cheek, he looked dangerous, and his aura screamed trouble.

"My bad love I didn't mean to startle you" he chuckled and took a step toward me making me take a step back as result.

He eyed me head to toe making me feel extremely uncomfortable as goosebumps rise over my body.

"What's your name love?" He asked taking another step closer to me making my heart beat faster in fear, where's Oliver??

"Is the little one scared?" He said with an evil smirk on his face and took large steps towards me, I quickly tried to run but he grabbed my wrist in a death grip. Tears pooled in my eyes and I couldn't even scream or call for help because my voice was nowhere to be found.

"Oh come on now love, I just wanna know your name" he said as I wiggled my arm trying to free myself but he tightened his hold around my wrist making a tear drop down my cheek.