The Purple Hyacinth

Chapter - 21 

Tapasya's home

" I think I should call Anubhav's Ma and tell her that Tapasya is not ready for marriage now," Ma said.

" Yes you should," Papa said.

" Why did you think that Tapasya likes him? " Papa asked.

" Her Mami said that she sees them talking and Roshini also teases her by his name and then his Ma called me asked for Tapasya hand for marriage so I thought they might like each other" Ma explained.

" I think now your misunderstandings got cleared, " Papa said.

" They are"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tapasya

I turned and yawn. I feel different. I open my eyes and look around. Then everything hit me hard. I gasped and sit up. I remember everything that happened. I place a hand on my mouth. What the hell I did. How can I do something like this? How can I? I get down from bed hurriedly wear my dress. I open the door and look at Ruh one last time. He is sleeping on his stomach with his mouth slightly open. Get out of your trance Tapasya. I close the door and come out of his apartment. I take a taxi to go back to my home. In between I stopped by a medical store I take the pills and gulp them down. My mind is completely blank.

I reached my home and entered inside.

" Where were you?" Ma asked.

" Ujjwala's home," I said and straight go towards my room and lock the door.

" What the hell I did?. What the hell!" I screamed but immediately put my hand on my mouth because I don't want anyone to hear me.

" How can I do something like this"

" How can I betray my parent's trust"

" How can I? " I pull my hair. I place my hand on my face and slide them down my nails scratch the neck.

" How can I?" I see myself in the mirror. I throw all the things placed on the dressing table.

" How?" Tears start to fall from my eyes. I fell to the floor.

" What will happen now? How will I face my parents?"

" How will I show my face?"

" What will I tell them that your daughter shattered your trust"

" What did you say," she asked.

" What how can you? How can you do this" Ma said shaking me.

" Didn't you think for once what will happen to us when we get to know that our daughter shattered our trust?" she said.

" We take care of you from your childhood. Fulfilled your every wish every need to hear this ha," she shouted.

" How can you do this" Papa shouted.