The Daffodils

Chapter - 33 

Mansion

Malhotra Mansion is silent. Antara comes into Ruhaan's room. She looked around his room. Then goes towards his bed. She picked up a photo frame of him which was kept on the table beside the bed.

" I miss you" she whispered and wipes tear which escaped from her eyes.

" What are you doing here?" She heard her husband's voice and turned around.

" I come here because I miss my son unlike someone" she taunts him and places the photo frame back on the table.

" It's been 4 months Mrityunjay," she said looking at his eyes.

" How many more months? I have to stay away from my Son" She asked taking a step forward.

"He's not our son"

" He is"

" He is nothing but criminal"

" He is not a criminal " she screamed.

" Your screams can't change the truth Antara," he said looking at her.

" Yes because my screams aren't reaching to the ears of a father"

" Mrityunjay he is your son. He can't do something like that we don't raise him like that" she said grabbing his arms.

" Antara open your eyes and see the reality"

" I'm seeing the reality but you're not"

" You mean Tapasya has lied"

" That girl. This is all because of that girl. I'm sure there is a purpose of her behind this"

" She is innocent "

" Innocent is my son"

" I don't want to talk," Mrityunjay said and goes out of the room.

" Just once, just once I get proof that my son is innocent then I'll see you Tapasya. Just wait" she said to herself.

•••••

Tapasya's house

" Where is Tapasya? " Her Papa asked sitting on the table.

" She is out," her Ma said.

" Where?"

" I didn't ask her. I saw her going out. She comes out of her room after days so I don't disturb her"

" Hmmm "

"She is getting fine but after the exam result is out she is upset. She almost forgot about Ruhaan"

" Don't take his name. If Tapasya didn't stop me that day he is in jail now" he said standing up.

" Calm down "

" I won't let his shadow fall on my daughter," he said to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~