EPILOGUE

0ctober 29, 2018Monday, 2:31 PM

0ctober 29, 2018
Monday, 2:31 PM

"Yieeh, pauwi na siya rito, 'yong pasalubong ko, ha. How's your trip on Maldives?" tanong ni Stacey sa kabilang linya.

Napabuntong-hininga ako habang inaayos ang sarili sa pag-upo sa isa sa mga upuan ng bus na kasalukuyang sinasakyan ko, papunta sa Matamis.

"It's good, napaka-peaceful ng lugar. The beaches are so amazing, I can't even believe that beaches like those, existed. 'Yong dagat, ang linaw. Sayang nga, hindi ka sumama," bulalas ng bibig ko. "How's the farm?"

"Kakatapos lang namin no'ng isang araw sa pag-harvest ng mga palay. The farm's doing great, alam mo na, mala-diwata rin kasi ang nagma-manage. Tsaka sa true, gusto ko talagang sumama. Siguro sa December, sa France ka niyan 'di ba? Sasama ako sa'yo."

Napatingin ako sa bintana at pinagmasdan ang mga puno. Kahit pa man kasalukuyan akong nasa loob ng bus, tila nararamdaman ko pa rin ang preskong hangin.

Right after I drowned myself, as well as Stacey and I talked, slowly by slowly, I learned to conquer the misery I've been battling for the past months.

Three months after I drowned myself, Stacey and I came back here at Matamis to manage Nanny's farm. Nang makabalik dito sa Matamis, mas lalong naging mabuti ang pakiramdam ko.

Sa tulong ng mga kasamahan ni Nanny noon sa farm, nagiging mabuti ang takbo nito.

Kinuha ko ang ina ni Regine bilang katulong sa hacienda't binibigyan siya ng sapat na s'weldo. Si Manong Tata naman ay nagpatuloy sa pangingisda. Sa hacienda na rin namin sila pinatira kasama ang kanilang mga anak. Magkapamilya na ang turingan namin sa isa't-isa.

Russel's parents was arrested, and will be staying at the jail for a couple years, as they continued to do the illegal deeds on all the companies they've operated.

Stacey was always by my side. She's the person who really helped me until my lips smiled again, my sleep became more peaceful, and the whole me finally walks on the right track of life.

"Kakagaling mo lang ba sa psychiatrist mo? How was it? Saan ka ba pupunta ngayon?" sunod-sunod niyang tanong ulit.

For the last two years, palagi rin akong bumibisita sa psychiatrist ko. Though I'm not yet fully healed, alam kong malapit na ring dumating ang araw na 'yon.

I've been planning to take education course too, next year, as I discovered that I do love to teach children.

"Yeah, she asked me a bunch of questions that I honestly answered. Papunta ako ngayon sa cemetery ng Matamis," tugon ko.

"Really? Let's meet there, then. Matagal ko na ring hindi nabibisita si Nanny."

"Sige-sige," sabi ko, bago niya ibinaba ang tawag.

Regine, Nanny, and Russel was buried at Matamis' Cemetery. Shan was buried in Canada. Dad was buried in the city where we live back then and where his companies were standing. Earl was buried in Argentina together with his father.

Nabisita ko na ang mga puntod nila, maliban kay Earl. My self still needs more time to have the strength in order to visit his grave. Hindi pa sa ngayon, pero tinitiyak kong bibisitahin ko siya.

As my eyes were still looking at the window of the bus, bigla naming nadaanan ang beach kung saan nag-celebrate si Regine noon para sa kaniyang eighteenth birthday. It makes me remember Regine, Russel, and Earl at this moment.

Russel and I are in the same boat.

I believe back then that we should wait for the right moment to use the paddles.

But then I was somehow wrong.

I realized that it's okay to use the paddles and to try on controlling the boat, because the waves might even grow bigger, stronger, uncontrollable and unstoppable, rendering our paddles useless.

That waiting for the right time isn't just the choice. Sometimes, you need to take a risk before loosing all the chances of risking for.

Our own paddles are always at our side, waiting for us to use them.

Regine was my first friend.

She made me realized that a normal thing on your perspective could be special on someone.

That besides all the expensive things scattered in this entire world, no one beats the happiness of truly and priceless love and care.

That all of us can grow, with our own different ways, as long as we have the will and would work hard for us--as well as to those people who sorrounds us--to finally feel and see the essence of maturity, flowing on ourselves.

And Earl--my first love.

He's a strong man. Even if he'd lost his ability to hear, he didn't quit on dreaming a lot of things.

He's absolutely one of the reason why Matamis would forever be special to me. He helped me discovered the most beautiful sound of life, regardless of his disability. . .

He's a deaf, and we created our own sound.

A sound that both of us can hear, even in the tiniest part of our ears, and feel, even in the nooks and crannies of our skin hairs.

The sound that makes us feel at ease and as if we're at home. That causes us to experience an emotional rollercoaster. That inspired us to fantasize about a future together.

That gives us the tendency to cause us to concentrate on our strengths and overlook our weaknesses. That makes our brains flooded with dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphins.

That gives us the will to try new things.

That connected us...

The sound of love.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶  ̶̶̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶  END «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶  ̶̶̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶