Chapter 2

Padgett Eve:

I woke up with the sound of my alarm going off. It was 8 in the morning, I got up from my bed, walked towards the bathroom took a bath, did my morning routine. When I came out of the bathroom which was like 35-40 minutes later I saw a maid standing near my bed with a packet in her hand, which I assume was my engagement dress. She smiled at me offering the the bag saying"Mr.Eve odered me to give it to you." She bowed infront of me and left my room.

After drying my hair, I came down for breakfast. Unfortunately, I saw my father sitting there with a newspaper in his hands,occasionally sipping his tea. I quietly sat down on one of the chairs and started having my breakfast. As I was almost finished with my breakfast my father stood up, saying "After your breakfast get ready, wear the dress I sent you." He walked out after saying what he wanted.

It was around 11, I started getting ready I saw the dress and was impressed. It surely wasn't my father's choice but it was very good, but however good this dress may be I didn't have that happiness inside of me which would make that dress more beautiful than it already was in my eyes.
The dress:

Once I was ready, I had applied a bit of make-up and then I headed down where I saw my father

Once I was ready, I had applied a bit of make-up and then I headed down where I saw my father. As soon as he saw me he started to walk towards the door, I quickly followed him. When we setteled in the car he said,"Remember, don't you dare cry there in front of everybody and behave or else you know the consequences". I simply nodded.

The whole car ride was silent but I could still hear the sound of my rapid heartbeat. When the car stopped I started biting my lips because I was scared to hell. "Get down", my father said emotionless, but again I didn't expect anything from him.

As we entered the hall I saw a bunch of people. I could hardly recognize anyone, soon my father came and offered me his hand,"Remember to behave or else you know the consequences well." He whispered in my ear and shot me a death glare to which I simply nodded. Again.

After a bit of chit-chat with my father's collegues, everybody stopped and were looking towards the enterence of the hall. "Come on, he's Colton with his family." My father whispered in my ear and started to walk towards them with me." So, is this Padgett?" He questioned my father. "Yes, she is." "Please let's get done with things a little faster, I have more important things to do." He said and my father simply nodded.

Afer we were done with my engagement, everybody was cheering, and drinking thier champagne. Colton and his family left the hall. Soon after thier departure me and father left. After reaching home my father straight went to his study and I went to my room. When I reached my room I burried my face into my pillow and cried, the tears that were stooped to flow during the engagement party were now flooding out, showing me how weak I really was.

After my tears stopped, I went to the bathroom took a warm nice shower, cleaning all of my thoughts along with the water. After having a nice shower, I wore a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and went to sleep. I prayed that this all will just be a nightmare I'll wake up soon from. Very soon. Even though I wake up from this nighmare my reality won't change,never. My father will suddenly not have pity on me, he will just hate me more if this engagement is canceled. So I hope that my fianceé, Colton would be better than my father and I hope it's all for good and the future I hold for myself will be better than my past, that I somehow passed.