Chapter 33

Padgett Eve

The car ride was silent with me looking outside the window, observing the busy streets. We stopped and restaurant came in view. We walked down with Sebestian's hand on my waist in a very protective and possessive grip. The moment we entered the restaurant, the only thing I saw through every person's eye was fear. Some even left. And it was all because of Sebestian. He had his fear embeded in people, and he enjoyed it, he smirked seeing all the fear he got to notice and when he learned that it was because of him, I'm sure he is more than pleased.

An old waiter came towards Sebestian and greeted us both, I just smiled at him not knowing what to reply while Sebestian conversed with him what seemed like regarding our seats since the waiter pointed his hands towards the stairs and led us up. This floor was empty and had two tables. Once we were seated the waiter bowed and left.

"What will you have?" Sebestian asked me handing me the tablet to order. I wasn't sure of what to have since most of the menu was in French and nor am I much literate regarding French cuisine. Senestian thankfully noticed my difficulty and helped me order.

"I think you'll like a Chicken Confit." He said also added his order. There was silence between us, I wanted to know about his nighmare last night and it was way more than obvious that Sebestian didn't want to. He would never be the one to show his weaknesses to someone. Gathering all of my courage I decided to give it a try.

"Sebestian." I called out and he looked up at me.

"You w-wannna talk about l-last night." I asked hoping he would give me an answer and thankfully he did.

"No, I surely wouldn't like to do that." Was his answer, something I didn't expect.

"You can't just keep things from me when you know everything about me." I said and tried to make him talk but he just sighed he knew what I said was true but he was not ready to let it out.

"It was about your m-mother, wasn't it?" I asked being careful as I knew how his mother was a sensitive subject for him. I completely forgot about giving him some space that I decided I would.

He just stared at me, he clearly was amused about how I knew about his mother. He surely wasn't letting this slip, he was about to say something when the waiter arrived with all our food. Seeing the delicious dishes infront of me I couldn't really think about something else. No matter how much the sight of the food was tempting the smell just made me feel a bit nauseous. I controlled myself, knowing that thowing up infront of Sebestian wouldn't be the best thing. On taking the first bite of the food I had the urge to eat the whole thing up because it was delicious, very delicious but a bigger part of me had the urge to throw up, I was hungry but I didn't want to eat. The travelling really messed me up, badly. I didn't want Sebestian to worry about me so I just took small bites and drank water which was the only thing which didn't make me want to throw up.

We both were quiet, I wanted answers for things he wasn't ready to give. But I wanted and I knew this sudden stubbornness of mine will surely put me in trouble.

"Was the nightmare about your biological mother?" I suddenly asked. He dropped his fork and knife on the plate creating a clashing sound making me flinch, and his face held nothing but anger. Anger which he was ckntrolling and I was challenging, God knows why. He wiped his mouth with the napkin and said, "Who told you about her?" I didn't want to put anyone in trouble because of me, so I decided to try and lie to him, but before I spoke anything he said, "The truth, Padgett." God!! Why do I even try? Am I such a bad liar? Is there something written on my face before I even decide to speak? Was I too predictable? Does he know me too well? Can he read my mind? That would be trouble but putting all the questions aside I decided to tell him half truth.