Chapter 36

Padgett Eve

"Sebestian!" Called a voice, highly irritating and so familiar, when we turned to that voice it was none other than the she-devil herself Scarlett Rose.

My eyes widened and I wanted nothing more to kill myself right now, my palms were all of a sudden sweaty giving a signal of my rising nervousness, my body was trembling and I hid myself behind Sebestian's extremely large frame due to the newfound fear which was crawling up on me, my body temperature was suddenly high, the room was all of a sudden similar to hell fire. All because of the sight infront of me. All because Scarlett came with the Mason Gray. It was Mason, he was standing infront of me, a bit different but still sending me his filthy sinister smirk, while he was coming up to me and Sebestian with an equally pleased Scarlett. She knew what was going on, she knew what it meant to me but she still enjoyed doing it.

"Padgett Knight." I was bought out of my thoughts because of Sebestian sternly whispering my name.

"Ye..Yes." J said looking at him stuttering becaise I couldn't help it.

"You're not fine." He stated, he didn't bother to question, even I wouldn't if I was in his shoes right now. I didn't realise that I was clutching his arms like my life depended on it and I was trying to hide behind his back, covering myself from the threat which was descending towards me.

"N-no, I'm f-fine." I said as I still held onto his arm but just came to his side, his warmth made me feel safe.

"I know you're not. I want to know once this is all over." He whispered in my ear, his breath was tickling me but I just managed to nod.

"Hey Padgett." Scarlett said excitedly, I just pulled a small smile and kept my eyes down avoiding eye contact with Mason.

"I clearly told you not to come to my house ever again if you cared for your life, seems like you don't." Sebestian said angry about her arrival.

"I came here as a date, of my friend here, Mason." Scarlett replied.

"Do you remember him, Padgett? He was in the same class as us." Scarlett said emphasizing class.

I was forced to look up and I didn't only fear the sight of Mason, but also the questioning looks coming from my dear husband.

Why does my life need to be so hard?

"Hello Padgett, it's been quite a while, hasn't it?" Came Mason's voice, I just pulled a very forced and small smile, all while holding his arm tight and he just looked at me, he clearly wanted nothing more than to question me right now.

"Mason Gray." Mason said stretching his arms forward for Sebestian to shake. Sebestian looked at his hand and then at him and he just nodded, making an embarresed Mason pull his hand back.

"So, Padgett Eve. It's been long since we've met right? You've really changed... I mean look at yourself, if I would have known that you would've changed like this I definitely would have tried to date you." Mason said after, breaking the small awkward silence we developed. He was going to touch my cheek when Sebestian stopped him by saying,

"It's Padgett Knight. And I dare you to say something like that again or try and touch my wife again and it would be a matter of second until everybody here see's your dead body on the floor." Sebestian threw a threat making his hand stop in midway air. He was scared, Scarlett was shocked and I was sort of relieved. He probably knew how uncomfortable his words were for me.

Scarlett was about to say something but Sebestian cut her off by walking away with me. We were walking away from them while I was trying to breathe normally trying my vest not to let Sebestian get a hunt of my fear.