Chapter 27

Padgett Eve

I opened my eyes, only to be feel my head on a hard surface which was comfortable and warm. I closed my eyes feeling a bit of stinging in them and snuggled closer to the surface. I felt the surface shifting and I held it tight trying to keep it from anyone who was taking it away from me. I hear a chuckel and felt my pillow subtly vibrate.

"Don't worry, babygirl. I'm not going anywhere." I heard. The voice was something I was familiar with and I open my eyes realising that the 'pillow' I was clutching on to, was my husband's chest.

As the reality drown into me I was blushing, while Sebestian seemed to enjoy the vision and was wearing his usual smug and arrogant smirk. I was just looking everywhere elese exept his eyes. Those eyes were deadly gorgeous. I was looking around the room scanning my eyes through the scattered clothes on the floor from yesterday making me blush more. Maybe the day was unlucky because my gaze next fell on the sheets, the sheets were messed up with some of my blood on them.

My eyes were roaming around the room until Sebestian's hand came towards jaw forcing my eyes towards him. He was still smirking, a feeling of triumphness clearly visible in his eyes knowing what effect he had on me and my body.

When I was staring back in his eyes and leaning over him his hand left my jaw, smoothly making it's way to the back of my neck, then to the back of my shoulder finally resting at the my waist. His other hand came up to my face placing a gentle palm on my cheek, his thumb was caressing my cheek, so gentle that I was not sure if it was Sebestian or not. His other four fingers were in my hair while his thumb was still caressing my cheeks. I could feel myself relax under his touch, forgetting all the bad things he had done to me and the ones I care for.

"Why were you suddenly crying last night ?"

His morning raspy voice asked as all the things were now running in train. My hearbeat was faster than ever, my thoughts were rushing themselves into my brain, I could feel my forehead moist with what felt like sweat. I knew better than to mess with him or his choice, what will I tell him, 'I was feeling guilty for leaving Cole behind and enjoying here with you' and he will console me.

"Padgett" his voice bought me back from my thoughts. "Answer me." His tone was filled with authority, his eyes demanding an answer, long gone was the voice which was gentle this voice just made me want to jump off the window.

"Uhm.... I-I don't... r-really kn-know" I stammered very badly, I wasn't even sure he would understand what I said, still I was constantly praying that he would believe this stupid reason. He just starred at me not really clearly not buying what I said. I tried to get up from his grip in a fast action but Sebestian was faster. The moment I was going off the bed he pulled me back to the same position, chest to chest, his grip on my waist tight than before, his hands in my hair pulling my face down, our face close enough that our nose were touching.

"You don't lie to me and get away with that, you get it?" He said while his eyes held a small amount of anger which was enough to make me shiver. What was this man ? A human lie detector?

"Tell me the truth Padgett." He demanded once more.

"I-I need t-time." I said,  hoping he would consider.

He just smirked and said," You need time ? Fine. Ten seconds and I want the truth out." Was this man even sane ? Or did I just married a devilishly handsome psychopath ?

Ten seconds they were literally so less for me to blurt out such a truth and his voice counting the number was even stressful for me.

"5"

I just had my my mouth slightly parted and he was still smirking. What can I tell him?

"3"

"Se-sebestian I-I....."