Chapter 35

Padgett Eve

We were currently sitting in the insanely huge living hall. Sebestian was sitting beside me with a possessive hold on my waist and I was uncomfortable and feeling a bit underdressed on seeing the person in front of me. Scarlett Rose.

Yes, Scarlett Rose, my husband's ex-fiancée with my husband's stepmother was sitting in front of me. She was wearing a pink, short dress which had a low neck, pushing her breasts up. I was also sitting there without any make-up, but she had at least a ton of make-up done. But it's not really my fault because no person applies make-up first thing in the morning. Except Scarlett. To add up, she was sending me glares and her eyes often flickered to Sebestian's hand and how there was barely any distance between us. If glares could kill, I would be long dead.

"What are you here for?" Sebestian said breaking the odd silence. His cold voice just made me pray that this meeting wouldn't end in blood or on any bad terms.

Instead of giving an answer, Kylie, his stepmother, if I remember right just dug her hand in her purse to take out a newspaper and placed it on the table between us. And what I saw on the newspaper made my eyes wide and my breath was gone.

LEONARDO KNIGHT FOUND DEAD:

It was reported that Leonardo Knight, father of Sebestian Knight and former chairman of Knight Enterprises, was found dead on last Thursday. He was found badly injured in his car. The car was also bumped in with a pole, indicating he was met with a dangerous accident. He was badly injured and was already dead when the medical team reached the sight.

I was shocked to know that Sebestian's father died, and he didn't even tell me or react in any way. The article said that he was found dead on last Thursday, it was the day we left for Paris. I looked over at Sebestian, expecting some shock or some softness, but there were no traces of these expressions I expected him to have. His face was still stuck on that cold look and the thing added was just a smirk.

I expected sorrow for losing his father but there was indeed happiness on his face. I think I expected too much, judging the relationship he showed with his father in front of me gave me a lot of explanation regarding his current reaction. But I didn't think that my expectations were so wrong, no matter how much he hated his father, I thought that there must have been some moments were he actually liked him.

"If you came here searching for condolence, then you surely have ample of time to waste, but I don't. I have a beautiful wife; I'd rather spend my time with instead of wasting it with you." He said as he kept the paper back on the table and leant back while his hand ran up and down on my arm. This was something I didn't expect from him. His father died, and he seemed really cool about it. While Scarlett on the other hand was clearly cursing me and might have killed me multiple times in her mind.

"You weren't at the funeral. Why?" His stepmother inquired.

"I don't owe you an explanation." Sebestian replied, caressing my waist.

"I'm your mother, Sebestian. You do owe me an explanation." She replied fuming.

"Shut your fucking mouth, Kylie. And leave." Sebestian said standing up with me ready to leave.

"Sebestian! We need to talk......please." His stepmother said furiously, probably because she had to request him.

"Fine... But if it's not worth the time I'm wasting on you, you better prepare yourself for going to my father." He said making everybody visibly gulp. He wouldn't do that, right? But remembering the past days I can't really be sure.

"So, what is it?" Sebestian said clearly disinterested as he sat down with me. His stepmother had now joined Scarlett in throwing glares at me. And it all just made me feel uncomfortable.