Chapter 40

Padgett Knight

I woke up with the feeling of warmth and caress on my stomach. I woke up alarmed for any danger to my baby, but it all faded away the moment my eyes met with the icy blue one's.

"Morning." He said as he leaned in to kiss me.

"Morning." I replied between the kiss.

He pulled me closer by my waist. His hand went up and down my back while mine just got in his hair. I don't know what it was but I like the feeling of caressing his head with my fingers buried in his perfect hair.

"Happy Birthday, Sebestian." I said and kissed him as I remembered the day before. His movements stopped for a moment while he seemed suprised for a second.

"Thank you, my love." He finally said smiling faintly, resuming his movements.

"How do you celebrate your birthday?" I asked, predicting an answer which consisted a mention of the grand party with his business associates, and the mafia ties.

"I don't."

I stopped my movements and looked at him with a frown.

"I usually overwork at the company." He reasoned and I remembered, his mother died on his 10th birthday. I sighed pulling his face in the crook of my neck. I wrapped both of my hands around his neck, pulling him in a much needed hug.

"Everything is going to be just fine." I said, not wanting for him to imagine that pain ever again.

"It already is....... I have you and our baby." He said pulling his face out of my neck and pecking my lips. I smiled and nodded. I liked seeing him like this, opening up to me, sharing things with me, not worrying if I was going to leave him.

"About the baby.... what do you think others will think?" I asked concerned while Sebestian clearly understood who others were. His eyes were cold and murderous just by that thought.

"I'll keep both of you safe, you don't need to worry. You have me." He said and I smiled.

"And you have us."

"I know." He said and kissed me.

"How will you deal with them?" I asked genuinely curious.

"I'll see." He said and I sighed knowing exactly what it meant. I still didn't fancy the idea of him killing and that's what it clearly indicated.

"You have to understand, Padgett. I can't change myself." He said cupping my face while I nodded lacing his fingers with mine, which were above my cheek.

"I don't want you to change, Sebestian. I just want you to bring out the softer side of you, which I surely know you have."

It was true, I accepted him just as he was, but I believed that it was better for him to have his softer side out, which he showed to me.

"Do you think we should... you know tell father?" I asked hesitantly. It would be a lie if I said that I didn't even had an ounce of fear of him. My fear didn't disappear but definitely became low, very low.

I thought telling father was just fine, who knows he may change after hearing the arrival of a grandchild. Also I didn't want my child to grow uo without any grandparent. I wanted my child to experience all the love this world could offer.

"No." He replied, while I tried to convince him.

"I'm not letting him close to you or to our child. I don't trust that man, Padgett. He was the one who used to hurt you." I was at first confused if how he knew, I did tell him, but it was just once, how was he certain of him hurting me numerous times. I shrugged that thought and agreed.