Chapter 5

Daisy's P.O.V

"Should I curl your hair or take them up into a high ponytail?" I ask Abi as I look at her face through the mirror.

"I think I'll take them up cause if there are going to be a lot of people and we dance a lot, I'm going to sweat a lot for sure," she says.

"Yeap, high ponytail it is," I say as I pick up the hairbrush and start brushing all her hair back.

"What are you going to do with yours?" She asks as she applies her eyeshadow.

"I think I'll just do some soft curls," I say pulling her hair up, making sure I wasn't hurting her.

"You should, they suit you," she says.

It's been a week since I moved in and today it's Saturday night meaning our last freshers week party at a bar nearby. Abi came by to get ready with me since she was too tired to listen to Sophia rumble nonsense for a couple of hours. That and she also wanted to see my studio.

Right as I tie her hair up my phone vibrates on the side table gaining my attention. It's a text from Theo, I had asked him earlier if he was going to the party.

"Yeah, I'm going, so see you there?" -T

"Yeah, totally!" - D

"Theo, my neighbour is also going to be there," I say turning my attention back to Abi's hair making sure they look as slick as possible.

"Omg, that's amazing! I'm excited to meet him, I feel kind of bad that I don't remember him from our foundation year," she says.

"There's no reason to feel like that, he probably doesn't even know you either," I say making her chuckle.

"Thanks girl, that makes me feel better," she says rolling her eyes.

"I do what I can," I say smiling at her.

"Right want me to help you with your hair now?" She asks, already standing up to swap places with me.

"Yes, please," I sing as I sit down, grabbing my makeup pallets and brushes.

I start by priming my eyelids and then putting a nude shade shadow all over my lids as Abi starts curling my hair. I then grab my black gel liner and start working on my wing liner. Midway through my liner, my phone vibrates again.

"Can you check what or who it is?" I ask Abi.

"Yeah, hang on," she says, finishing a curl and carefully putting the hot curler on the desk.

"Oh, it's your ex," she says sounding wary.

"Ignore it then," I say sighing.

"Is he still bothering you?" She asks as she comes back to finish curling my hair.

"Of course he is, he doesn't know when to stop."

"But it's been 3 months since you guys broke up," she says.

"And I've been ignoring his texts ever since that day and he still doesn't seem to get the memo," I say, putting the brush down as I finish my makeup.

"Have you thought about maybe speaking with him?" She asks, turning off the curling iron.

"I don't think that will do anything," I say, gliding the red matte lipstick over my lips.

"But maybe it will, maybe he'll finally leave you alone," she says brushing out my curls.

"Maybe, I'll think about it another day," I say dusting a bit of highlight on my cheekbones.