Chapter 62

Theo's P.O.V

"Are you ready?" She asks me, fixing my t-shirt.

"Yeah, you?" I ask as I brush her hair behind her ear.

We came to visit my family on a cloudy Sunday afternoon so, here we are standing, holding hands outside a two-story semi terrace house in a small neighbourhood.

I haven't seen them since I left for uni 5 or 6 months ago and I'm actually feeling a bit nervous but I know how to hide it well.

"Ready as I'll ever be, I'm excited to meet them," she says, tucking at my hand to follow her to the front door.

Daisy looks cool and sexy today, with a black leather jacket on top of a black high neck top and red faux leather straight leg trousers with black heeled boots.

I'm dressed a bit more casual with my faux leather jacket on top of a plain black t-shirt and black jeans with black boots.

I use my key and let us in, still holding her hand in mine and lacing our fingers together.

"Aunt!" I yell, hearing movement from the kitchen.

"Omg, Theo honey," she yells, appearing from the kitchen archway.

"Oh, hello," she says once she notices Daisy by my side.

"Hey aunt," I say.

"Hi, honey and you are?" She says, coming to stand in front of us.

"This is Daisy, my girlfriend," I say, smiling as I watch my aunt's eyes almost bulge out of her head.

"It's nice to meet you," Daisy says.

"Omg, this is so exciting! I'm so happy for you, the pleasure is all mine sweetheart," she says, hugging Daisy and then me.

"Come on in, you want a cup of tea?" She asks, motioning us towards the kitchen.

"Yes, that would be nice," Daisy says, glancing at me.

"Did you not tell them we were coming?" She asks, standing on her tiptoes to reach my ear.

"Didn't think it was necessary and I didn't want them to think about too many questions," I say, looking as she shakes her head with a small smile on her face.

"What type of tea would you like we have English, Yorkshire tea and early grey," she says, smiling wide at us.

"The Yorkshire will be nice with a little milk," Daisy says.

"Same for me," I say, turning to look at my uncle walking in.

"Theo, son, what a surprise, how are you my boy?" He says hugging me.

"I'm good. I thought I'll stop by for you to meet my girlfriend, Daisy," I say, pulling away from the hug and tucking Daisy closer to me.

"Wow, if I thought you visiting was a surprise then I don't know what this is. How are you dear?" He says, smiling gently at her.

"I'm fine thank you and you?" She asks.

"Now that you two are here, I'm even better, come on sit," he says, motioning towards the kitchen island.

We take a sit just as my aunt places two steaming cups of tea in front of us with some biscuits on the side.

"Thank you," we say.

"So, how did you two meet?" My aunt, Amy asks, sitting down by my uncle, Peter.

"At our accommodation," I say.

"Were next-door neighbours and we also study the same thing," Daisy says glancing at me.

"Oh, that's great, so you spent a lot of time together, huh?" She says smiling.