Chapter 22

Daisy's P.O.V

Staying in to study on a Saturday night is certainly not fun but it's productive and it means more free time in the long run. I have been working on my essay for 2 hours now and I've only managed to write 500 words.

I'm in desperate need of a break but the food isn't quite ready yet so, I've been sipping on my glass of red wine to pass the time.

I place my glass down, standing up to check on the mince that should be ready and put the spaghetti to get cooked.

I lift higher on my waist my black long pyjama bottoms and smooth down my black cami top before picking up a hairband and tying my hair on a low loose ponytail.

I pick up the kettle that already has boiled water in and fill the saucepan, throwing a chicken stock cube and a little salt in there as well. I pick up a plastic slotted spoon and stir the cube around the water waiting for it to dissolve as I bring the heat up.

A door shutting loudly startles me. Jesus, I almost dropped the spoon!

I place the utensil down and grab my key card to go check on Theo, it sounded that it came from his room. I put on my black sleepers before leaving my room and knock on his door.

The door opens the same harsh way it closed before with a sweaty Theo standing there with furrowed eyebrows and clenched jaw.

"Are you alright?" I ask as I enter his room, closing the door gently behind me.

"Of course not, tonight has been shit," he says, pacing back and forth with his hand in his hair.

"What happened?" I ask, gently grabbing his hands as I notice his torn knuckles.

"Oh this, don't worry. I'm fine I was just down at the gym and I didn't have my gloves with me so, I was punching barehand," he says, clenching and unclenching his fist.

"What happened to make you this mad?" I ask, looking at the scowl on his face.

"I'm pissed cause of that bitch that I let with a loose collar for far too long," he says, making my eyes widen.

"Okay," I say loudly cutting him off.

"Why don't you go have a shower? I'll go and finish the food and bring us two plates to sit down eat and talk nice and calmly, yeah?" I say, looking at him in the eyes with eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, fine," he says sharply.

"Do you have something to put on your knuckles?" I ask, letting go of his hand that I've been absentmindedly holding.

"Yeah, I have a first aid kit on the corner shelf, there," he says, pointing at the cabinet.

"Great, now go take a shower," I say, moving backwards to the door.

"Here, grab my card to come back in," he says, giving me his key card.

"Okay, thanks," I say grabbing it.

I was about to leave when I see him gripping the bottom of his t-shirt and lifting it up, revealing the sculpture abdomen of his all glistening from sweat. I gulp and grip the door handle tighter, yanking the door open.

Keep a clear head Daisy, theirs more important things going on now.

I put enough spaghetti for two people to cook and sit there and wait as my thoughts run wild.

Something must have happened with Claire. She's the only person that I know he had a bit of an issue with and the only person I can imagine him calling a bitch. The question now though is what exactly happened?