Chapter 57

Theo's P.O.V

"This right?" I ask Daisy, keeping my eyes on the road.

"No, the next one," she says.

It's been a couple of weeks since our last argument and things have been going well. We studied a lot for our essays, submitted even one of them yesterday and today we decided to come visit her mum for the weekend.

Daisy is so excited about me meeting her mum, so much that she wanted this to be a surprise and hopefully, it will be a pleasant one.

I will be lying if I say that I'm not scared shitless. I want her mum to see me as worthy of her daughter and I know that, maybe due to the situation that happened between her and Daisy's dad, she'll be even harder on me.

I hope she'll approve of us, even if Daisy doesn't seem that bothered about it. I honestly think I care more about that than she does.

"Here," she says, pointing at the tall brick building on our right.

"Okay, here we go," I say as I smoothly park in front of it.

We exit the car and I immediately go to her side and grab her hand in mine. She throws me a smile and squeezes my hand as we enter the building.

"What if she isn't in?" I ask her swiftly, as we walk up the stairs to the first floor.

"Then we'll sit down and wait for her," she says chirpily.

"Okay, yeah, of course," I mumble before biting my lip.

She halts me once we reach the top of the stairs, making me turn and look at her.

"Relax, she's going to love you," she says, leaning on her tiptoes to kiss me briefly.

"Okay, I'll try," I say softly, watching her smile at me.

"Good cause even if she doesn't like you, it won't change anything. I don't care about her opinion, I'll still want you," she says, making me chuckle before licking my lips.

"Good to know that," I say, leaning down to kiss her again quickly.

Daisy takes us further down the hall but stops in her tracks as we see a tall man standing outside an apartment. I watch as Daisy furrows her eyebrows and it clicks to me that, he's standing in the same place we're going. We watch as the man knocks on the door but gets no answer.

I guess her mum isn't home right now and I don't know if I'm happy about that or not. A part of me wanted to get this over with, so I can relax, while the other part is happy that I get more time to think about what I'm going to say to her.

"Excuse me? Who are you looking for?" Daisy asks him politely.

"Oh, hello, I'm looking for Olivia Allen," he says looking at us.

He's an older man, seemingly in his mid-forties, wearing a sharp grey suit with a backpack sling over his shoulder whilst holding his phone in the other hand. An expensive-looking watch peeking under his white shirt.

Daisy's next few words make the man's eyes snap up to her and his mouth fall agape.

"My mum isn't home right now," she says, clearly triggering something in that man.

His eyes start tearing up while a mixed look of disbelief and relief takes over his face as he stares at her like he's looking at a miracle.

"Daisy," he says, voice wavering a bit.

He sounds shocked where I think we should be the ones shocked here, I mean this stranger knows Daisy's and her mum's names and address.

"I'm sorry, how do you know my name?" Daisy asks, more confused than ever before.