Chapter 38

Daisy's P.O.V

These two days flew by and I couldn't be more happy and excited and admittedly a little bit nervous for my first date with Theo.

We decided not to do anything super fancy, we'll stay in and cook together homemade pizza and then play some card games and then we'll turn it into a karaoke night. We did decide though to dress up just a little bit for the occasion.

I glide the matte red lipstick over my lips, smacking them together a couple of times. I leave my hair as they are and step outside of the bathroom to check myself in the full-length mirror stuck on its door.

I put on a mini white cowl neck satin low back dress and pair them with my cream slippers and my two gold necklaces that I wear all the time. One has my name and the other a teardrop-shaped diamond. I slide on my gold ring on my index finger as well that my mum gave me a very long time ago and ever since then I wear it every day.

I grab my phone and key card and the bottle of red wine before leaving my room. He left the door a bit ajar for me using a shoe of his so, I push it out of the way and get in closing the door behind me.

"Hey," he says, backing out of the kitchen area and instantly checking me out as I do the same to him.

He's wearing a black button-up shirt with the first three buttons undone showing his military dog tags necklace hanging on his chest paired with black joggers and slippers.

"Hi, I'm ready to make pizzas," I say smiling as I approach him.

"Good, cause I'm starving," he says, leaning down and kissing me briefly.

"You look good, I like your dress," he says.

"You do?" I ask as I twirl around, showing him the back as well.

"Wow, I really like the back," he says, placing his hand on my exposed lower back.

"I'm glad you like it, now let's bake," I say, placing the wine and everything else on the kitchen counter.

We get the ready doughs that we bought earlier from the grocery shop from the fridge and pop them open. We lay them on the trays and start by spreading tomato sauce on and then grated cheese.

"What if they're not tasty?" I ask, laying slices of salami on it.

"I have plan B in the freezer, don't worry," he says, putting chopped feta and small pieces of black olives on his pizza.

"Frozen pizzas?" I guess.

"What else?" He says, throwing a bit of oregano on.

He puts small pieces of ham as I put the chopped up green pepper. I grab the oregano and black pepper and sprinkle some on and our pizzas are ready for the preheated oven.

"Let me put them in," he says, grabbing one by one the trays and putting them in the burning oven for 15 minutes.

"We should open the wine and start drinking as we wait for the food to get ready," I say, removing the protective seal around the bottle.

"Yeah, let me get the thing and the glasses," he says, opening one of the top cabinets and grabbing two wine glasses.

He passes them to me as he opens a smaller cabinet on the bottom grabbing the corkscrew.

"Go on, do the honours as the host," I say, smiling at him as he pops the cork out.

"Nice," I mumble, watching as his hand grabs mine, bringing the glasses closer to him, pouring the red wine in.

He fills them both equally and puts the corkscrew away before returning and grabbing one glass, raising it for a toast.

"To us," he says, smiling softly.